“Convenient with a few red flags”

Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Whenever I visit the Nashville area, I usually stay at this hotel. Most often than not, I thoroughly enjoy my stay, mainly because of the friendly staff, and kitchenette features which saves me a ton of money on dining out. However, one complain I always have about this particular property is that it is in desperate need to be renovated. Though I always enjoy the convenience of a "home" feeling at a hotel, I am always disappointed to find hairs everywhere, stains on the sheets, worn out kitchen items, and the scent of wet pets. During my last visit, there were many hairs on the bathroom curtain (very gross), the pots & pans grossed me out a little bit because they are worn out, overused & stained, and lastly the hallways smelled of wet dogs & cat litter. I have no problems with pets, I just believe an interior corridor hotel should be maintained well if those features are offered. I do want to continue staying here in the future so I really hope they start the renovation process rather quickly. This hotel has great potential, it just needs the proper attention.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The room was clean, comfortable and fully equipped. I prefer an outside entrance to my room so I don`t have to walk through the wall of smoke at the entrance that I experienced on the night shift. Everything else was good, but nothing was special about my stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Greeted on arrival by Brittany, who was very friendly. We asked her for a complimentary upgrade, but she said it wasn't available. We were to be there for 2 weeks & really needed more room, so we paid for an upgrade & changed to a larger room the next day. The hotel was very busy, but all handled well throughout our stay. Front desk staff (Brittany, Debbie & Asha) were always cheerful & friendly. Thank you to Michelle, who filled our housekeeping needs (dishwasher soap & so on) between regular weekly cleaning. And a big thank you to Joshua, part of housekeeping, who owned cats of his own & was patient with our cat. We used the hotel washer/dryer facitlies as well as frequented their fitness center. If you're looking for a pool or business center, there are none. We plan on staying again in September.

Room Tip: LOTS & lots of restaurants close by...great food/low prices at Mediterranium Cuisine very close...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Made reservations weeks in advance for a "reunion" visit with great friends. We booked a suite - had confirmation - but...upon arrival, no suite - what are reservations for?
They did give us two connecting rooms, but only after I told them I wanted what I reserved!
No pool, no decent place to sit outside...OH! I also booked a smoking room...no smoking room available....I will never "reserve" a room with this chain again. They have roaches.
The hallways are like a sauna - terribly hot. Your makeup melts before you get out of the place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dray9106
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Second year to stay here at this Candlewood. Once more, this was an uneventful (that's a good thing) stay. Room was clean, we had all amentities we needed, noise was a bare minimum, staff was friendly and helpful, and the price was a good value.

Will stay here again next year when we return for another tournament.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank councilman05
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Most Candlewood's make you feel like you are at home. This one, however, was a nightmare.
When I got to the hotel a little after 11p.m., the front desk was already closed. Thankfully a coworker at the same hotel had told them that I would be arriving late so they had set up a safe to access for my key. There was no information with the key so I had no idea of the amenities offered at the hotel as well as no way to access the internet.
The room was horrible. The carpet and furniture were very old and extremely worn. The bed was uncomfortable to even sit on and when I pulled back the bedspread, there were hairs on the sheets. Since the front desk was closed, there was no way to get moved to another room.
The heating unit in the room was either on full blast or not at all leaving the room either too warm or frigid. When the system was on, it was too loud to fall asleep.
When checking out, the employees were more interested in talking to each other than checking anyone out and continued to talk about their laundry service provider while I waited.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Road_Warrior_Raleigh
Reviewed March 16, 2011

The room we were given was very clean, and I am very sensitive to things being clean.
The bed slept very well. (My husband went to sleep immediately). The only thing I had concerns about was that we were given a connecting room, and we could hear the people next door conversation when our tv was off. So I'm sure they could hear ours. I would recommend more sound proofing between rooms. Other than that I would recommend this hotel. It also had a vcr/dvd player which came in handy

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple