“Will not stay here again”

Extended Stay America - Nashville - Brentwood - South
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had reservations at this motel for two months. I had called twice just to confirm because I did not have a good feeling about the person who took my reservation. We arrived the first night at about 9:00 p.m. with 2 very sleepy children in tow only to be told that they had cancelled our reservations several days before and they were all booked up that night. I showed the clerk my confirmation number but all she could say was she was sorry and did not know why the reservation had been cancelled. We spent the next hour driving around Nashville trying to find an affordable place. I will never stay in another Extended Stay America.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided on a whim to come down to Nashville for Fourth of July weekend. We were on a pretty tight budget so we were excited to find a place with such a reasonable rate. When we got into town we were early and had called the hotel to see if we could check in early. They said that was fine. We checked in and got to our hotel room. Now I know we checked in early but our room did not look like it had been cleaned thoroughly at all. There was dust and lint all over the floor -- looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in months, dead bugs in the window and a bug in the bathtub. Although this did gross me out, I thought I could deal -- especially since it was a good rate for the room. Later on is when things took a turn for the worst. We arrived back at our hotel room on the fourth exhausted from being outside all day and wanting to go straight to bed. We pulled back the covers to find a bed bug on our pillow. That was it for me. My husband called the front desk (this is at 1230 am mind you) and explained the situation. The night shift employee who my husband spoke with said "Ok, well let me know if you see anymore." As if he was still expecting us to sleep there!! After a 20 minute conversation and my husband telling him we either needed to be moved to a new room or issued a refund, we were finally allowed to go to another room. AND during that conversation NEVER ONCE was there an "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience" or apology of any sort. I wanted to give this man another chance to apologize and was hoping we would get that when we went to the desk to get the keys for the new room. NOPE! All that was said was "oh ya, you were the room with the bed bugs? 208 is your new room." And that was all. He didn't even seem that concerned that there were bed bugs which worries me even more -- is this a normal thing here?! I will say that our new room was MUCH cleaner than our first room and maybe that's bc they didn't want to piss us off any more than we already were. We did not get to our new room until 1 am and we were exhausted. When we checked out on Sunday I was ready to go all in when we were asked how our stay was but I never got the opportunity bc upon check out we were never even asked -- which leads me to this post. The lack of customer service and the lack of care for their customers is ridiculous. I know the room is cheap but the saying is true -- "you get what you pay for" and at this hotel is bed bugs, dirty rooms and bad customer service. Next time I'll pay a little more to be treated like a decent human being...

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Emiledo
Reviewed June 14, 2014

As other reviews have said, this place is dated! It had stains and smells that really should be fixed! It IS reasonably priced and the staff is very nice! I(being a man) didn't really have a problem with the small problems but "my wife and grown daughters" said they would not go back! We slept well and that is what we paid for! There is a GREAT breakfast place about ONE mile west called First Watch! We loved that place!

Room Tip: There are two bldgs and neither one has an elevator! Stay on the third floor if you can handle the c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Brentwood - South, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I have increased training for all of our employees to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

We appreciate your comments as they will only help us to improve. If you would like, please contact me directly at brt@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Before my stay, I read all of the negative reviews and was freaked out. However, I was on a tight budget and needed long-term housing for the month. Let me just say--this place is GREAT. The staff is helpful, and the room has been updated. It is clean and I feel safe in the area. If you need a hotel for a great value, look no further! Only about 15 minutes from the medical district in Nashville, and there is a Kroger and some neat restaurants very close to the hotel. Great place.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank egperry7
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was very nice and clean. The beds were Very comfortable and roomy.The staff was very very friendly. The breakfast a grab and go, nothn fancy but still nice selection. The only negative note is that they don't have an elevator, that was a real bummer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff was wonderful (polite and jovial). The location was great. The value for what we paid was phenomonal. I was so impressed that I will intentionally stay here again anytime we're in the Nashville area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jesse P
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed as part of my birthday weekend celebration. We chose this hotel due to closeness to Nashville, price, and full kitchen. The hotel was honestly just ok. There is a great need to update the rooms, with the carpet being the main focus! The carpet was full of stains and just nasty. I was afraid to walk around barefoot! There was no way of cleaning the fully furnished kitchenware so I didn't use any of it (I have no clue if it's clean or not and I'm not risking it). The hotel seemed pretty safe, we didn't have any issues. The pool was a joke at the sister hotel, no one had cleaned it for the year yet so it was all full of green algae. For what we paid for the room, we got what we expected and literally nothing more. If you stay here, plan to be out and about all day long as this isn't a room you want to "hangout" in!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple