“Diappointing, at best.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
nashville
“Diappointing, at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nice neighborhood and an attractive building as we approached it. Check-in was routine which is fine. When we entered the building and room, only one of our two cards worked. The first carpet we saw looked dirty and had a 2" round hole. All carpet and our sofa were too worn and dirty- looking for 2 1/2 star. The minimal linens on the bed were out of shape, thin, and faded. I found no additional linen or blanket. The bathroom and kitchen were mainly acceptable. However the commode flushed about 1 out of 3 times. The phone made a ticking noise until we detached the phone from the cord.
I asked my husband to bring me yogurt and a cup of cheerios/cereal for breakfast. There was neither. The oatmeal was the only prepared item and it was too runny to please me. My husband was satisfied with the oatmeal and toast.
But we went there to sleep. The pillows were small, soft and lumpy,reminding me of my childhood when I made doll pillows stuffed with my mother's discarded hosiery. The mattress sagged in the middle, forcing each of us to roll to the valley in the middle.
We had purchased this on Priceline. Other Brentwood Priceline hotels have been great.
MainStay Suites is large. Maybe other rooms are better. My ours was a negative for Mainstay and for Priceline's ratings.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Betty R,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to deliver the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your comments will help us improve our property and overall guest experience. We value you as our guest and we hope we'll have an opportunity to provide a more positive experience in the future. Thank you again.

Michele Caduff, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Mainstay Suites numerous times when traveling to Brentwood. This is the first review I have written for the Mainstay and I am glad I finally got around to writing one. After looking through some of the previous reviews it saddens me for some people to throw out accusations regarding management. Educate yourself before you post false reviews. Yes, the hotel needs a renovation but on-site management is not to blame. Their job is to provide you great customer service and a clean room. I will continue to stay here because I know I will be taken care of, sleep in a clean bed and be provided with excellent customer service! Great job to Ra’Shawn and all his employees for running a fine hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JaMichael H,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage with us at MainStay Suites Brentwood. I'm delighted to hear that our clean accommodations consistently meet your satisfaction, and you feel well taken care of by our staff during your visits. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our team and recognizing Ra'Shawn with a special commendation for his excellence in service. Thank you once again for writing. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place needs to be tore down. The first experience is with management (Rashawn) he's inconsiderate an doesn't care about anyone but himself. The place needs new managers! Secondly the laundry... Which was never any linen here! Thirdly my room... The carpet needed to be clean or took up for that matter. I stayed at this hotel many times years back. This hotel took a turn for the worst ! The breakfast is very minimum an everyone seems to all come down at once. The first floor has a wet dog smell! I advise anyone wanting to stay here please DO NOT! There's better hotels near by that's worth your money !

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Aaliyah88,
Thank you for writing. We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the exceptional stay and service you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our property and overall guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Michele Caduff, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Brentwood hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Made this reservation through Priceline so did not know the hotel until after booking. Paid $90 including tax. They called it a 2.5 star. IS IS NOT!!! I'm not even sure I would rate it a 1.0 star. First impression curbside was ok. Nice neighborhood, nice exterior. Walked in and smelled a strange odor. The carpet along the route to elevator was so dirty it was disgusting. If the room had been that dirty I was going to check-out. Fortunately, it was ok. UNTIL I decided to take a shower and found mildew all over the shower curtain. That was the final straw. Called Priceline and asked for a refund based on deception of calling the place 2.5 stars. Fortunately the hotel cooperated and we left. I feel an obligation to warn others of the disgusting nature of this place. Reading comments from Nancy K. I have to wonder if we were at the same place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank b2bailey
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
b2bailey,
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. Please know that your comments have been addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to assure we're providing the high level of cleanliness and service that you've come to expect from us. We value you as our guest and do hope you'll return to see our improvements. Thank you again.

Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the past years. Never disappointed, room is always large with furnished kitchenette. Staff is friendly and helpful. Close to several shopping areas, highway, and restaurants. Pet friendly which is a plus in our book.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nancy K,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at MainStay Suites Brentwood. We're happy to hear we've consistently provided great accommodations and friendly service over the years. We appreciate your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rate is ok if you're staying long term. The whole place stinks. Carpet is dirty. Place needs renovation/updates. There is grab/go type breakfast. Basic pool. I only stayed 2 nights before finding better hotel nearby. It's good only if you're trying to save money and can handle 1star type hotels. I couldn't take the smell. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Meagainstme,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas we can improve. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a satisfying stay. We will make improvements and provide a more positive experience. We value you as our guest and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Dirty and run-down--I'm not high maintenance but this place is pretty depressing and gross. blankets with holes, threadbare furniture, frighteningly questionable stains on the mattress, not enough sheets to actually make the pull-out couch, etc. You can stay at places much much nicer, in the same area for the same price. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Diane B,
Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize for your experience and would never want to leave you with a poor impression. This is definitely not up to our standards as we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have shared your comments with our team and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We will take additional steps to provide a more positive experience, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.