“Long stay turned into short stay...”

MainStay Suites Brentwood
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
“Long stay turned into short stay...”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rate is ok if you're staying long term. The whole place stinks. Carpet is dirty. Place needs renovation/updates. There is grab/go type breakfast. Basic pool. I only stayed 2 nights before finding better hotel nearby. It's good only if you're trying to save money and can handle 1star type hotels. I couldn't take the smell. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Meagainstme,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas we can improve. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a satisfying stay. We will make improvements and provide a more positive experience. We value you as our guest and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Michele Caduff, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Dirty and run-down--I'm not high maintenance but this place is pretty depressing and gross. blankets with holes, threadbare furniture, frighteningly questionable stains on the mattress, not enough sheets to actually make the pull-out couch, etc. You can stay at places much much nicer, in the same area for the same price. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Diane B,
Thank you for writing. I sincerely apologize for your experience and would never want to leave you with a poor impression. This is definitely not up to our standards as we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have shared your comments with our team and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We will take additional steps to provide a more positive experience, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

New Albany, Indiana, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the worst hotel we have encountered in years. The hallways had a horrible odor, the carpets were filthy with stains everywhere and the room also had a musty, wet, smell with stains all over the carpets. The mattress was sagging in the middle and very uncomfortable. The breakfast was minimal but adequate. The entire hotel appeared to have had no monetary investment in upkeep. It appears that many animals have stayed in the hotel and not much has been done to eliminate the odors and stains left behind.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel in the area
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dan E,
Thank you for sharing a review. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and we hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my third stay at this property which is located a couple of blocks away from a busy thoroughfare and a few blocks from I-65. It is easy to find and very quiet. I had a reservation --- I was redeeming points off of a Rewards program --- and got what must have been the last room when I checked in just before 9 P on a weekday. I was given a very friendly greeting by two ladies at the front desk who acknowledged my point redemption and thanked me for being such a good customer. The gentleman who checked me out was very friendly and courteous as well. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed in particular was terrific, and not just because I was tired from a long day of traveling. The kitchen was clean and there are plenty of electrical outlets conveniently located for all of your gadgets, which is a definite plus for computers, phones, ereaders, etc. that need power or recharging. The only minus I have is the carpets in the room and the hallways are stained. They have been vacuumed and cleaned regularly, however, so this is a refurbishing issue and not a housekeeping problem. One added plus is that there is an active train track a few miles away and the occasional train whistle faintly heard late at night is soothing. All in all, this is a great place to stay when you're on business, either for a night or a week. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JoeVH1951
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
JoeVH1951,
Thank you for your review and continued patronage at Mainstay Suites Brentwood. We're happy to have been a part of your travels, and we're glad our friendly service and clean accommodations made for a comfortable stay. Your feedback on opportunities for improving our guest experience is important to us. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to extending our hospitality to you again on your next visit. Thank you once again for writing.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I made reservations late for the dates I needed so almost everything in Brentwood was booked. I thought " how bad can Mainstay Suites be?". Well, pretty bad! All the doors to the rooms have scratches and marks on them where people kick them open with their feet. The carpets and furniture everywhere are dirty. The side doors where all the smokers go to the parking lot to smoke are so nasty you don't want to push them open with your hands. You can't even purchase a newspaper on the property. Even for the money there are at least clean hotels in the area which are much better than Mainstay Suites. It is a very good location with very poor management.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Rhett S,
Thank you for writing. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I’m sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay with us, and I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to provide a more positive experience. We appreciate your feedback on these opportunities and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Alton, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at this property last month for school, will be staying here monthly over the next year or 2. Is not a luxury hotel, does not pretend to be. Location is great, right off highway, plenty of things a close drive. Room served its purpose completely, was comfortable and gives everything it says it offers. Does not do daily housekeeping, which is fine with me as I tend to leave the DND sign up in most hotels anyway. Nice work area, bed was comfortable enough for hotel standards. Kitchen area awesome for my needs. Do wish it had more to offer for breakfast, but not a huge deal for me. Staff was nice, accommodated me just fine. I look forward to returning next week.

Room Tip: I was on first floor, close to a door and major hallway. Noise was never a problem.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nick S
Nick S,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing feedback on your experience. We appreciate you choosing Mainstay Suites Brentwood while in town for school, and it's great to hear our location and accommodations are well suited for your hotel needs. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again.

Tuscumbia, Alabama
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Part of the Choice Hotels group, which also includes Comfort Inn. No Comfort Inn near where we needed to be so we chose this. Appears to be an older property which in itself isn't bad, if renovations are done properly. Our suite had a handicapped shower which is a walk in shower with a seat.and a detachable shower head on a hose. No lip at the bottom so any water draining down the curtain runs out on the floor, not back into the shower. Deep scars on the linoleum floor where the old tub had been dragged out. Surprised they didn't replace that.

"Free breakfast consisted of coffee, water for tea, orange, muffins and some good, thick slices of bread, and oatmeal.

While in the bathroom I could hear the toilet in the next room.

No daily newspaper available.
Sorry Main Stay, but Comfort Inns has ruined me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Brentwood, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Temblor123,

Thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially in identifying ways we can improve our guest experience. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide the exceptional stay that you have come to expect from us. We value you as our guest and we hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you again.

Michele Caduff