I usually don't review so soon, but I literally JUST left this hotel and checked in the Courtyard down the street. My husband, 9 month old baby and I are on our first "family vacation" to Florida from Cleveland and decided to spend the night instead of straight through. At first arrival at Residence Inn, we were overpowered by a strong odor in our room. It smelled like strong curry. We immediately asked to be switched so we could be more comfortable and find a room with a less powerful smell.
The next room seemed ok until we hauled all of our stuff and began unpacking. At first glance you might think it's big and it has granite, must be nice. We had to hurry and feed a screaming and overtired baby while hurry to feed ourselves in the midst of unpacking. While we noticed a ton of bugs outside the entrance to the unit at the exterior light, it didn't seem like a problem. But while rushing around eating chick fil a and setting up our pack n play we noticed ants on the counter. I noticed crumbs and dirt on the floor and still tried to not make a big deal and stay calm, even after we found another weird bug crawling on the floor. Then I started getting scared, and went to turn down the beds... and I screamed!!! There was a huge fast spider under the pillow. Great, now i can see how people eat spiders in their sleep. Other things we noticed:
1. Ceiling fan doesn't seem to work properly
2. Leak in ceiling
3. Kitchen faucet would practically come out of the counter every time you turned it on
4. Hair in both beds
5. More bugs in sink in bathroom
6. Cheerios (not ours) on the floor by the bed
7. Dirty. Dirty walls, dirty floors. eeck!
At this point our gut feeling was we could not sleep here nor let our baby sleep a few inches off the floor in her pack and play. While the front desk was nice about switching our first room, the next time we explained we couldn't switch rooms and said we would need to change hotels. We were pretty upset since our baby desperately needed sleep and we just hauled everything to the second floor, plus we had no idea where we would go or if we should just drive through the night to our destination in Florida (7 hours). While the front desk suggested options we ultimately called Marriott Reservations/Rewards and explained the situation and they took care of it immediately and booked us our new room at the Courtyard down the street. (The Courtyard so far seems much much better/cleaner. While the room is smaller, it is much more worth it to us to have clean vs bigger) While we have stayed at many many Marriott hotels and usually have good experiences, this was the worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood offers a convenient location, professional staff and the comforts of home. Our hotel in Brentwood, Tennessee offers free grocery-shopping service so you can enjoy the convenience of your fully equipped kitchen. During your stay, keep up your fitness routine in our fitness center, outdoor pool or Sport Court®. Start your day off right with our complimentary breakfast. Relax and unwind at our evening manager's reception on select weekdays. At this Residence Inn Brentwood, TN hotel we welcome you with all the comforts you expect from Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood Hotel Brentwood
- Residence Inn Brentwood
- Brentwood Residence Inn