“2 STRIKES, YOU ARE OUT.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood

Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Cleveland, Ohio
“2 STRIKES, YOU ARE OUT.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I usually don't review so soon, but I literally JUST left this hotel and checked in the Courtyard down the street. My husband, 9 month old baby and I are on our first "family vacation" to Florida from Cleveland and decided to spend the night instead of straight through. At first arrival at Residence Inn, we were overpowered by a strong odor in our room. It smelled like strong curry. We immediately asked to be switched so we could be more comfortable and find a room with a less powerful smell.

The next room seemed ok until we hauled all of our stuff and began unpacking. At first glance you might think it's big and it has granite, must be nice. We had to hurry and feed a screaming and overtired baby while hurry to feed ourselves in the midst of unpacking. While we noticed a ton of bugs outside the entrance to the unit at the exterior light, it didn't seem like a problem. But while rushing around eating chick fil a and setting up our pack n play we noticed ants on the counter. I noticed crumbs and dirt on the floor and still tried to not make a big deal and stay calm, even after we found another weird bug crawling on the floor. Then I started getting scared, and went to turn down the beds... and I screamed!!! There was a huge fast spider under the pillow. Great, now i can see how people eat spiders in their sleep. Other things we noticed:
1. Ceiling fan doesn't seem to work properly
2. Leak in ceiling
3. Kitchen faucet would practically come out of the counter every time you turned it on
4. Hair in both beds
5. More bugs in sink in bathroom
6. Cheerios (not ours) on the floor by the bed
7. Dirty. Dirty walls, dirty floors. eeck!

At this point our gut feeling was we could not sleep here nor let our baby sleep a few inches off the floor in her pack and play. While the front desk was nice about switching our first room, the next time we explained we couldn't switch rooms and said we would need to change hotels. We were pretty upset since our baby desperately needed sleep and we just hauled everything to the second floor, plus we had no idea where we would go or if we should just drive through the night to our destination in Florida (7 hours). While the front desk suggested options we ultimately called Marriott Reservations/Rewards and explained the situation and they took care of it immediately and booked us our new room at the Courtyard down the street. (The Courtyard so far seems much much better/cleaner. While the room is smaller, it is much more worth it to us to have clean vs bigger) While we have stayed at many many Marriott hotels and usually have good experiences, this was the worst.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ClevelandBumpkin
DMattson, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
ClevelandBumpkin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I want to extend my apologies for the issues you and your family experienced at the Brentwood Residence Inn. We take a lot of pride in ensuring the cleanliness of our guest rooms and we failed to meet your and our expectations. Please know that we are sharing this with all of staff so that this does not happen to any of our future guests.
David Mattson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

SO many reasons...
I felt at home. The staff, every single member including Jeff late at night was extremely helpful and I felt so safe. I stayed for a month in a suite and I was sooo pleased. I looked forward to come "home" every night and wake up. I am not from Tenn. and I was even offered shelter to stay in the lobby during the storm becuase of Tornado warnings. I was even offered an umbrella multiple times, my favorite stack was stocked in the shelves. Genuine hospitality and I was very pleased. Not to mention the room was beautiful!! The kitchenette, dining table, work station, bathroom, and laundry facilities :) Breakfast was available and when I missed it the staff supplied me with fruit, oatmeal or anything else the could put together for me. I always felt safe and taken care of.
Awww I am checking out next week and wish I could take them all with me!

Room Tip: I stayed in 1323 past the pools in a quiet section ;)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Amanda K
Amanda K,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel and for recognizing our staff. We have a amazing team that practices "southern hospitalty" every day. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to everyone. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Music City!

David Mattson
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We recently used this hotel as our base location during our trip to Nashville. As others have noted, it is in an office complex, but is convenient to many restaurants in the area as well as to Downtown Nashville. This Residence Inn has a more non-traditional layout, as the rooms are situated in multiple buildings, similar to an apartment complex. The rooms themselves were nice. The only downside was that the doors in the two-bedroom are simply french doors with curtains,which do not offer much privacy. We have stayed in other Residence Inns and have never experienced this before. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was on-par with other Residence Inns. The beds were also comfortable. All in all a nice stay.

Room Tip: Be aware of the lack of privacy with a two-bedroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hello Chicagomember,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are set up differently that the traditional hotel by offering outside entrances. We try to be a "home away from home" for our guests. We hope to see you again!

GriswaldsinTennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a nice hotel in a great area, very quiet and picturesque. Close to several restaurants and shopping. I've stayed at multiple hotels in the Nashville area and this is my new favorite hotel. Spring of the year it's covered in flowering trees. A very nice touch.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Hello Robert H,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the Hotel! Thank you for submitting the review. We hope you come visit us again. The spring weather is getting even nicer and the outdoor pool will be open soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My mother, myself, and my little dog stayed at this hotel for almost four weeks due to a sewer problem in my home. They were wonderfully accommodating, allowing us to continue to extend our stay over and over again as the insurance companies battled about my house. While I agree with the other reviews about the loudness of upstairs guests walking around, that can happen anywhere. What I was most impressed with was the housekeeping staff, Patricia especially. Everyone was very nice to my dog when they came in and since I am battling cancer they were very respectful in allowing me to call when I felt able to being up for a bit and that's when they would come and clean and change sheets. I am thankful to this residence inn and would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Mbroberts77,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our review. We are delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable, especially during this stressfull time for you. We aim to provide the accomodations just as you expect at your own home. We are also happy to hear that Patricia impressed you. We will pass on the compliment. We hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We were pleased with our 2 bedroom unit for a couple nights. Must better priced than downtown hotels and only 20 or so minutes to downtown. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but it's included. Hotel is a little older, but was clean, felt very safe, and comfortable. We would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hello TarHeelsareBest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you the next time you are in town!

Thanks!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had to stay here on a business trip for one night.

This hotel was very clean and very comfortable.

I had a great night sleep and anything I needed help with the front desk was very helpful and accommodating.

The morning breakfast was standard and I really enjoyed the waffle maker!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alana B, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello Alisha P,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our Hotel. Everything we do is aimed at achieving your full satisfaction. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Thank you!!