“Nothing like a renovated property”

Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Jackson Tennessee
“Nothing like a renovated property”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Always enjoy staying at a Residence Inn, and this one is by far my favorite. The design is different in that you drive directly to your room like an apartment. We stayed on the second floor and could not have been happier. Quiet, clean, and comfortable. The location is great for it is located off the main highway and even has a small lake that you can enjoy. This is our new Nashville area getaway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JacksonPO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in Nashville to attend a graduation nearby and this hotel was close to the event. The hotel is located in a very nice, quiet and well-landscaped commercial park. It sits near shopping and restaurants adding some extra value to the location. They do include a complimentary breakfast each morning typical of nearly all other included meals, mediocre. The rooms have been updated, are clean and comfortable, and include a small kitchen. The complex has the feel of an apartment building which could have been it's former life.
There were inappropriate telephone charges on my closing bill but the management quickly reversed those charges. Honestly, the experience was fine, but if we were to visit the area again, we may choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: If the pool is open, choose a room in an adjacent building away from the activity.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DelGregorio
Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Located in the Maryland Farms area of businesses just off the I 65 Old Hickory Road exit in Brentwood, TN, this could not be a better location. Just far enough away from downtown Nashville but just close enough to the Galleria and Green Hills and Cool Springs to make it the best location. Studios and one bedroom suites have full kitchens, including dishwashers and granite countertops. You cannot beat the location for the price. Publix, Starbucks, and Pei Wei are less than a mile away. Target is just about a mile. The beds, pillows and towels are luxurious. The pool has just opened and there is an outdoor grill for guests to use. Breakfast every morning is delish and dinner most nights as well. Love this place. A second home for me. Staff is wonderful and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank shopgirlblonde
Southern States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was warmly and quickly checked in, and noticed the beautiful property. My single efficiency had everything I needed and more. It appears the rooms have been recently redecorated, modrn and clean lines, a nice place to stay a while. As previously reported, the linens were worn and the comforter was not much more than a heavy sheet. Two of the four pillows were pancake flat, chunks of foam filling them. The shower curtain liner was so wrinkled it woiud not stay inside tub, resulting in a flood at bathtime. As mentioned in several reviews, you must get a 2nd floor room. Whenever anyone in the room above me wqalked, my dishses rqattles in the cabinet. Yu cannot heqar talking, but you can hear every footstep, and these folks were older and not stoping! If the person in the room above you wakes up at 3am, so will you.The fllors appear to be old wood, and the noise from upstairs residents walking will wake you up, keep you up, and drown out your TV!The breakfast area was well apointed, with the standard "continental" section, as well as 4 hot options including waffles, turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, etc. nice variety, well presented by a warm attendent. In the evenings there are "social" hours, offering bar b que, beer, soda, hot entrees, salads, all you need for a good meal after a long day. Shawn and Marilyn at the front desk were knowlegeable, friendly and were always more than eager to assist. The AC in my room was not working to potential, but when I returned after work there was a new thermostat and things were fine! There is a basketball court, pool (which was filthy and closed), hot tub, grills, sitting areas, all nice touches. This hotel was going to recieve 4-5 stars, but an unfortunate incident ocurred, marring this review. On my third day I notcied the majority of my pai medication was taken from the bottle in bathroom drawer, and on ther fourth day my sleeping pills disappeared. I immediately reported this to a desk clerk that was unfamiliar with what process to follow. The next morning I spoke to GM David, who refused to give me a copy of the report. He later called me to come pick it up, but with his signature and report number not visible, but then I had to contact Marriiot myself to get this info. I was told by David claims would be in touch with me that morning, I am still waiting on that call. I explained I needed tis to get refills, as a control substance was at issue. No help from anyone. Upon checkout, I was charged for local calls across the street, and my bill for the "store" items had been mischarged, so check your bill! I have stayed at many Marriot propertiesw and have never incountered management who didnt seem to care. I even heard that David had shrugged his shoujlders when TripAdvisor reviews were mentioned, again something that should be noticed, as several are reading this. If you choose to stay here, lock up your mes! Aparently housekeeping "throws" the deadbolts when changing lines, as I was able to walk into my bosses' room when she was at work. Very serious security issues abound at this property. I was robbed, have not been contacted, was offered no assistance, shall I continue? A nice place but I sure wouldn't want to live there.

Room Tip: 2nd floor units only if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank franklinmilford
DMattson, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing your review and mentioning about our excellent guest service and our renovated guest rooms and grounds. We take a lot of pride in ensuring our guests have a great stay as well as creating an atmosphere where all of your needs are fulfilled. We continuously replace any worn linens or pillows to ensure that each guest is able to get a good nights rest. Additionally, you can be assured that we take all security matters very seriously and follow our established procedures. Please know that we encourage our guests to provide their feedback on Tripadvisor and we review all responses to help ensure that we are meeting and exceeding your expectations.
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Four night stay at this Marriott property a few miles south of Central Nashville. The structure of the buildings, room and front desk service were good. We were surprised that the pool was closed. The outdoor pools at every other hotel we have booked in Nashville in May had open pools. The bedding in our room was aged and not quite up to current Marriott standards. Housekeeping service skipped us on one of the days. Probably a good fit if you have an event in Brentwood. Driving to Nashville during rush hour was quite challenging.

Room Tip: Perhaps try for second floor room because noise transfers easily from upstairs rooms through ceiling...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We always stay here when we visit our child in college. The staff is always very friendly and anxious to help, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the location is very safe and located close to restaurants and shops. Brentwood is a beautiful area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nashville
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We checked in for a few weeks while work was being done in our home. It's a bit small for my tastes and would have liked to have had our three rooms a bit more private (just a curtain hung on see through doors in the rooms), however... the service was impeccable! The front desk staff could not have been friendlier and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. I was especially surprised to have a dinner buffet 3 nights out of 7, it was great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DMattson, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Angie,
We're thrilled that you chose to stay at the Residence Inn and that you mentioned about our great service. We take a lot of pride in ensuring each guest enjoys their stay, whether for 1 day or a few weeks or months. Also, our evening manager's receptions are one of the benefits of being our guest and we are very glad you enjoyed it. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire staff. Thank you so much.