“I would not stay here again!!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Lansing, Michigan
“I would not stay here again!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We checked in around 10pm and there were absolutely no parking spots left! They had many work trucks with trailers taking multiple spots. Our room was ok but not kept up. The beds were small and uncomfortable & the bathrooms were tiny with a slide door for privacy! The morning breakfast wa much smaller than i have ever seen anywhere else! I would definitely look elsewhere for a room!

• Stayed October 2013
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review on our hotel. My staff and I apologize for not meeting all your expectations. Given below are our itemized responses to certain specific issues mentioned by you.

“..there were absolutely no parking spots left”: I agree that the parking situation was indeed tight upon your arrival due to a busy, sell-out night at the hotel. However, contrary to your statement, our video surveillance system indicates that several marked parking spots were still available at that time, besides several open spaces along the curbs.

“Our room was OK but not kept up”: I am surprised how you could have missed noticing the fresh new look and welcoming ambiance of our recently-renovated guestrooms. Most of our guests seem to love the new décor, the tastefully painted accent walls, energy-efficient recessed lights, new large screen Flat panel TVs, microwave ovens, mini fridges, plush new beddings, new linens, and even free water bottles in the rooms. With all due respect, are you sure we are both talking about the same hotel?

“The beds were small and uncomfortable”: Sorry, but I find this statement to be a bit misleading because the beds in all our rooms conform fully to the prevailing industry standards. If a Full XL size bed was too “small” for you, you could have opted for a room with standard King or Queen-size bed. Further, every bed in our hotel consists of brand new, plush, pillow top mattresses from a top brand which is appreciated and widely used in hotels for its indisputable comfort and luxury features. Again, it seems you are confusing our hotel beds with some other hotel you may have recently stayed at.

“The morning breakfast was much smaller than I have seen anywhere else”: Now I am really perplexed by your describing our daily hot breakfast as “small” when it is comprised of over 25 hot, fresh and healthy items! You seem to be oblivious to the fact that our huge sumptuous breakfast buffet actually consists of country biscuits, sausage patties, freshly-made sausage gravy, home-style scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, bagels, multigrain bread, danish, muffins, fresh fruit, three types of fruit juices plus lemonade, gourmet coffee, hot chocolate, low fat milk, cereals, oatmeal, and much more. I am sorry if this widespread offering is still not big enough for you and, lest you forget, it is absolutely free for you.

You have stated that “I would definitely look elsewhere for a room”. Frankly, I would actually encourage you to go compare our features, benefits, and attractive rates with those offered by other hotels in upscale Cool Springs area. I am confident that you will appreciate the fact that Sleep Inn provides one of the best price-values among hotels in this area. You will also discover that, unlike Sleep inn, many area hotels charge extra for even such basics as breakfast, high speed WIFI access & 24/7 internet support, in-room water bottles, guest parking, etc.

Last but not least, I would like you to know that we actually look forward to reading our guest reviews. especially when they provide us with valuable constructive feedback based upon facts, not fiction, that can help us make improvements to serve our future guests with a truly superior experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here one night, as it was a mile from my meeting in the a.m. My GPS took me to a different location several times. It was dark and raining outside and I had no idea how to get to the hotel. I called and the clerk tried her best to help me. She was patient and I was not. She was not familiar with the area and said that other guests had told her that their GPS did not show the correct location either. I was a mile away and tried to give some landmarks but she did not recognize any of them. It took me about 30 minutes to figure things out as she then asked someone to assist and stayed with me on the line until I saw their sign THANK YOU! I am thinking they may need a map of the area available with local businesses highlighted, so they can assist other guests.
Look for Mc Donalds and head (on that street) AWAY from the Galleria.

The rooms were updated and clean. Breakfast was suitable. Internet did not work for me in my room as I went to their server ( as suggested) and it said to click on the icon but the icon did not appear. It said, "inactive icon." I showed it to the front desk and we agreed that it was not me but truly the server. The shower was not hot. It was merely warm. I tried the sink water later and it was hot. Perhaps there were too many people showering at the same time?

Due to the fact that this is REALLY close to my client and that it was a very quiet location, I would stay here again for a quick trip. There are plenty of restaurants and shops VERY close by and convenient!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
On behalf of my staff and I, I would like to thank you for staying with us here at Sleep Inn. We also appreciate very much your taking the time to write such an enlightening and encouraging review. Based upon your feedback, we have initiated some steps with the City of Brentwood to provide better street signs, especially to help our first-time guests find us. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, many GPS devices still provide incorrect directions to our hotel that lead our guests "towards" the Galleria Mall instead of "away" from it as you have so astutely pointed out. We hope your stay with us will always be enjoyable and if we can do anything to make it even better, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your business.
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel suited the needs we booked it for- a reasonably priced hotel for a quiet nights rest. Location is great - 20 minutes to Opry and downtown and close to Franklin,Leipers Fork and our friends in Spring Hill. The only employee at this hotel who even greeted us or acknowledged us was Jennifer. She also was of great assistance to us when we had a dilemma we needed help with. I hope her boss appreciates her as the rest of the people there didnt even acknowledge us when we came in or left the hotel. Hotel is a little older. It is clean besides the fact the hallways had an overpowering smell to them like cleaning solution. Free breakfast -looked like standard fare. We recommend driving to Leipers Fork to Country Boy restaurant for breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with my team at Sleep Inn and we are thankful and encouraged by your positive demeanor overall about our hotel. We appreciate the candid feedback by our guests because it allows us to make improvements at our hotel in order to serve our guests even better. We have carefully noted the issues you have raised and, rest assured, we are working diligently to do much better in those areas in the future. Thank you for staying with us. We shall look forward to welcoming you again to the Sleep Inn hotel and please feel free to contact us if we can be of any service to make it a very comfortable and pleasant stay.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Quiet, clean and restful rooms. They are all equipped with fridge, microwave, iron and board and hairdryer. The TV is a large screen. The staff was friendly. The hotel was a little hard to find. It is behind a very very large mall. Lots of places to shop and eat are close.

The only issue was the small breakfast area compared to the number of people. The staff refreshing the bagel blocked the entire corner area while struggling to separate the bagels and put them one by one in the case. It could have been done in the kitchen first. It would have been nice to have trays to carry things upstairs since the tables were full.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review on our hotel with a superb heading. I have shared your comments with my staff members and they too were greatly encouraged and felt a sense of being well-appreciated. Your suggestion about slicing the bagels prior to bringing them out to the breakfast counter is a great idea. Thank you - we will do just as you have suggested. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and and really appreciate your business. We shall look forward to serving your needs for nice and comfortable accommodations in the future as well, hopefully soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Pleasant & helpful staff! The rooms were newly renovated, but still had a nice home touch. Very quiet and relaxing. Great location: lots of restaurants, shopping, and tourism around. Housekeeping staff was very efficient and friendly. Breakfast in the morning was good! We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelle C
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
The Sleep Inn team would like to thank you and let you know that it really appreciates your taking the time to write such a positive review. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best customer service and amenities possible to our valued guests and will go that extra mile to keep them satisfied and happy. As you said, we are conveniently located in Cool Springs, a vibrant area with so much to do from a great shopping experience at the huge Galleria Mall to enjoying fine dining at its numerous restaurant. Also located nearby are a hockey Sportsplex, the Legends Golf Course, the County Convention Center, a cinema multiplex, and the historic downtown Franklin.
In fact, I would strongly recommend visitors to Nashville downtown to drive just 15 minutes South on I-65 and come stay in the exciting Cool Springs area at reasonably-priced hotels like Sleep Inn to save money and have a lot more fun!
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 23, 2013

4th floor smells like smoke (supposedly a non-smoking hotel). I did not care for the brown comforters, or being required to watch Al Jazeera promotional videos to get Wifi. The breakfast area was overcrowded and breakfast consisted of fruit loops and sour orange juice, Front desk was rude, unknowledgeable and made us feel unwelcome. Parking was limited since a huge trailer was taking up nine spaces. Location is good, but there are plenty of better options in the Cool Springs area. You're much better off with a Hilton/Hampton or Marriott chain of hotels. Never staying here again!

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor- it smells like smoke.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa C
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am sorry that recently you were unable to cancel your guaranteed reservations with your travel agent made at a special group rate with certain restrictions. It seems that this disappointing issue is what may have prompted you to write this critical review. Unfortunately, your review does not contain many constructive comments that a customer-oriented hotel like us and our staff could utilize for making improvements to benefit our future guests.

For example, you said you “did not care for brown comforters”. Okay, point noted but it does not help us because these are part of the official décor at all Sleep Inn hotels worldwide. Next, you mentioned that you were “required” by the hotel to watch a certain commercial that you did not like. Not true. We have no such requirement or even a say in which commercials are being randomly broadcast by third party channels, internet providers and TV networks.

You alluded to the smell of smoke on the fourth floor. You actually stayed on the third floor so I presume you did not experience a problem of this kind personally. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and we make every guest aware of this policy at check-in time. We also monitor the hallways regularly for any violations and no such problem was reported to us during your stay.

You made a comment about the inadequacy of our breakfast. Well, our surveillance video confirms that you were present when our free hot breakfast was being served. Surely, you must have noticed that it included over 30 fresh and delectable items. This is a far superior offering by any hotel standard and it consists of much more than just “fruit loops” as you have mentioned. Besides three types of fruit juices, we also serve lemonade and I hope you did not mistake it for “sour orange juice”. To put things in the right perspective, the upscale hotels that you have recommended not only charge room rates 40% to 100% higher than Sleep Inn but, unlike us, they even charge for basics like breakfast, internet access and parking.

We wish your stay with us had been more pleasant and happy and your review more cordial and meaningful. Please keep in mind that most guaranteed group reservations at special low rates cannot be cancelled at the last minute because the rooms are held by the hotel just for you and you only. If you are willing to give us another try, we would love to serve your accommodation needs again in the future making it a far superior stay.
Piedmont, South Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was afraid that because this hotel was fairly inexpensive it wouldn't be nice. I was pleasantly surprised to find it not only modern but clean. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast every morning was really good. A lot of shops and restaurants in the same area. I think this will be our go to hotel from now on when we are in Nashville area.

• Stayed August 2013
KanalCK, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Our entire staff and I would like to thank you for staying with us recently, and for giving us such an encouraging review and feedback. We take pride in providing our guests with a clean, comfortable and pleasant place to stay as well as the most desired amenities for their convenience and enjoyment. We really appreciate your preference to stay at our hotel in the future and would like to assure you of a superior experience and outstanding service each and every time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
MainStay Suites Brentwood
MainStay Suites Brentwood
#13 of 20 in Brentwood
Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs
Holiday Inn Express Brentwood South/Franklin
Four Points by Sheraton Nashville-Brentwood
Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!