“no problems”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Indianapolis, Indiana
“no problems”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stayed here one night and had no problems. Staff was very good, room was very clean, motel was very quiet. It has a very good location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rjmax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 16, 2011

My wife and I often travel to Nashville and I chose this Sleep Inn as it is right next to the mall, 15 minutes from Vanderbilt and price was reasonable, considering the other alternatives around town. The staff was helpful and courteous and offered to take our bags to our room, something only a full service hotel would do. Our room was airy, clean and well lit and we rested well for the night, with a decent breakfast. Overall good experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Roger30620
Livonia, MI
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed here as part of a sports team travelling to the Nashville area for a tournament.

The Good:
- Location (close to 65, lots of restaurants & shopping, and the Sportsplex).
- Free wireless
- Free breakfast... nothing exciting, but adequate (cereal, oatmeal, sketchy-looking boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, juices, coffee)
- The rooms are on the larger side

The Bad:
- The rooms. From what I was told, this is a newer hotel. Could have fooled me. I felt like I was in a hotel room from the 70s. Actually, due to the lighting, it felt more like a hospital room than anything. The only lights in the room are wide, overhead flourescents (like in a hospital). There was one additional, very small non-flourescent light near the door but this was too dim to be very useful.
- The beds. I didn't even know they still made matresses this uncomfortable. Both beds (doubles) were wobbley and very low to the ground. Very thin sheets, blanket, and bedspread (not to mention, ugly). Inexplicably, new fluffy pillows were offered with these seemingly ancient beds. (I guess that is a bright spot, though).
- The bathrooms. Only a shower stall. The door to the shower stall was hung crooked and would not close tight. The door to the bathroom would not close at all. So, don't expect any privacy. At least three other families on the trip had these exact same issues.
- Ice machines not functioning on three floors. No pop machines functioning.

The hotel staff was okay. Never rude, but not especially welcoming. One staff member kept parking in a "non-spot" close to the door, next to handicapped parking. The problem is, his car then blocked the ramp that my wheelchair-bound daughter needed to use. I figured out it was a staff member rather than a guest when I saw him leaving for lunch. I complained and he then stopped parking there during our stay, but I found it quite tacky that a staff member would be that lazy and exhibit this behavior in the first place.

When I stay at a hotel, I don't need everything to be 5-star quality. That said, I do expect to at least be able to get a decent night's sleep for my money. For this reason alone, I feel like I got zero value at the "Sleep" Inn. Having never stayed at one before, I will likely never stay at one again.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank amunzenberger
Primetech, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
We are sorry you did not have a pleasant first-time experience staying at Sleep Inn. We do wish you had contacted the Manager on duty about any issues so that would have been addressed immediately to your satisfaction. Sleep Inns were designed as an excellent value- based, no frill hotel yet clean, spacious and comfortable that no wonder it has one of the highest guest satisfaction ratings among all mid-scale hotels. I had personally checked the ice machines that day on each floor and actually three out of four were in perfect working condition. The coke machine was fully operational as well. We hope that you will give Sleep Inn one more chance to join thousands of satisfied guests who have found Sleep Inn to be of great value and comfort to the weary traveler around the world. Last but not least, if you would just contact me via letter, I will be happy to provide you with a future complimentary stay at our hotel which I am confident will totally change your mind and opinion about this popular chain.

Thanks.
Hotel Marketing Manager
Georgia, USA
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The only thing good is the location if you like to shop, Cool Springs Mall is nearby. The beds are uncomfortable and the hotel had an odor like a wet dog.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Primetech, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
At Sleep Inn, as evidenced by hundreds of guest comment cards we receive each year, we pride ourselves in providing one of the cleanest, safest and most pleasant hotel environments you will find anywhere. I am sorry that you did not have a good experience during your last stay with us, although we wish you would have let us know so that we would have corrected any shortcomings that you had encountered. In any case, we would like to invite you to come back and check us out one more time. We will gladly even pay for your stay for the night. Guest satisfaction has always been our primary goal from day one.

Hotel Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville/Brentwood
Candlewood Suites Nashville Brentwood
MainStay Suites Brentwood
MainStay Suites Brentwood
#14 of 20 in Brentwood
Holiday Inn Express Brentwood South/Franklin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs
Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!