“If you like mold, mildew, smoke, and used linens...”

Extended Stay America - Nashville - Brentwood
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
St. Petersburg, Florida
“If you like mold, mildew, smoke, and used linens...”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

...what a bargin....

Seriously, we cannot sleep here. There is dirt and mold everywhere. You want to cough when you breathe, but can't. The place smells horrible. The only way to clean this place properly is to burn it down. We are leaving tonight. I drove for 12 hours to get here. And I am more than happy to leave and drive to another location to find a suitable place to sleep. The sheets here look as if they have been slept on and then tucked back in. The stove filled the room with smoke when used. Therefore, something was being burned (old food?). I am filling this review out on an iPad and I cannot attach the gross pictures I took of this place. When I get home I will write another review to share.

Room Tip: Go someplace else. Anywhere.. Sleeping in your car is better.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Mauldrich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Redlands, California
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here about two weeks ago and the experience was horrible. The room was filthy and had a terrible odor. I am not sure why we didn't immediately check out. Perhaps it was travel fatigue, but I am not sure. But I spent the night wounding if we were going to get bed bugs or worse from our stay. Please resist the pictures you see on line and just stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank Biochemdoc
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Made reservations with this hotel online using their corporate site. When we showed up to check in they would no honor our room reservation. Desk clerk and manager said they do not have rooms like what was offered. When we complained the clerk said to take it up with corporate and that they have nothing to do with the corporate bookings that if we wanted a hotel room at that location to call them next time and that they operate on a walk in basis. After demanding the manager we ended up being moved to another hotel that was not like anything we wanted. This hotel was in Franklin and owned by the same company but needed work (mold in shower and on ceiling). This hotel manager tried to make the matter better but after an hour at least of trying to get a room we were not happy with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank hockeymom0509
California
Reviewed October 24, 2010

the low price and the nice pictures on the internet made me book the Studio Suites Hotel in Brentwood, TN. The way they keep the cost low is by offering very few services, keeping the carpets for longer than better hotels and cutting other services like house keeping etc.
You also might end up in a smoking room even if you book a non smoking room. I did.
The hotel smells like many cheap hotels do; my room and the linens smelled of smoke; previous guests had left cigarette burns on the bathroom sink.
But then I only paid $42.50 + tax, so what can one epect for that?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank travelprofi
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Just finished a three-day visit. Dirty room and filthy carpet in the halls. Very comfortable bed. Seriously considered walking out and forfeiting my entire advance payment, but nothing else available without notice.

Then it occurred to me that they were merely conducting field research to determine how much Americans were willing to pay for a filthy room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank GoatsLittleRock
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This hotel was great. Very clean and the staff was awesome. Any thing I asked of them they went out of their way to handle it immediatly. Everyone I encountered said hello and was very friendly. I will stay here whenever I come to Nashville. The price was great and the staff was even better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank duckie72
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I have a short-term lease at this hotel in Brentwood, so I'm qualified to comment based upon my day-to-day experience over a longer period of time. Perhaps this will be useful for those who require an extended-stay accommodation. In conversations on the phone and in person, I found all members of the staff to be exceedingly kind, pleasant and helpful. I was given a tour of several rooms on all floors, including laundry and exercise facilities. The rooms that I viewed were very clean, had a lovely scent and the carpet appeared new. This is an older hotel and while the furnishings are somewhat dated, they are perfectly fine, functional and the bed is comfortable. The kitchen was fully equipped and the appliances clean and in good working order. What do I like about this place? It is extraordinarily quiet and safe. The Brentwood Police routinely patrol the area. Studio Plus is in the heart of upscale Brentwood, close to great restaurants and shopping. It is also close to the Interstate and a ten minute drive to the great city of Nashville. I would recommend this place to those who are looking for great value without the expensive frills. This is not a fake review nor has Studio Plus paid me to write this. I'm simply a pleased customer who has come to know the facility well through my extended stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business