“Great Place To Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This Homewood Suites is where I stayed during my recent trip to the Nashville area. Great location, freeway close giving access to visit the city and close enough to the freeway where one didn't have to stress out to get to the airport for your flight.

Very clean property, friendly staff and good hot breakfast each morning in addition to a washer/dryer.

When I travel I tend to stay at either Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites but my preference is a Homewood since the internet is always free (brand standard) and I really enjoy the full size frig and stove top (nice to cook up a home cook meal one night instead of eating out every night).

If you are looking for a very nice play to base out of during your travels around the city, you can't go wrong with this property. It is close to restaurants, there is a shopping center with a Target and 5-6 miles down the road is a mall so you can get your shopping on.

The business center is always handy so you can print out directions (in case you don't have a GPS) and boarding passes.

When in Nashville, stay here, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dbanksiii64
RJDeckard, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We do strive to make each guest feel like they are right at home. We appreciate your business and loved having you as our guest. Make sure you come back and see us soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

A girls weekend to the spa and to shop, which both were located less than 1/2 a mile away from the hotel, was very much enjoyed MAINLY because our stress-free stay at the Homewood Suites in Brentwood. As soon as we arrived Maintenance greeted us in the parking lot and offered help, if needed, anytime during our stay. The front desk personal was very nice and showed much hospitality. Since, I had stayed at the Homewood Suites in Memphis just 2 weeks earlier and Did Not like the rooms at all, I was very skeptical about the rooms in Nashville, but to my surprise everything was clean and everything worked. The pool was lovely and relaxing. New appliances where throughout just as coustomer service informed us, we even had glasses to drink out of instead of just paper cups or plastic (which is what was in the cabinets during my stay at Memphis Homewood Suites). Must see to beleive because the pic's on the website do not do this hotel justice. Although, our last night was a little rough getting to sleep because of loudness coming from the next room, hotel Management took action and accommodated us.

Room Tip: For a VERY spacious suite try the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

We are so pleased you had such a wonderful stay with us as we enjoyed having you. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff and they are all very dedicated individuals who strive each day to make each guest feel right at home. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Brentwood and be sure to come and see us again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel was very clean, people behind desk went the extra mile every time, breakfast was great & as wholesome as you chose even for people with restricted diets, and the 2 BR suite worked out perfectly for our visit. Great value, good location, definitely a place we'll visit again when in the Nashville area.

Room Tip: Book well in advance to get the 2 BR suite. It's perfect for larger family or friends who want...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank S L
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First of all, I'll reiterate what others have said, it's hard to find. My GPS was so confused! That being said, it is in a nice, quiet neighborhood, which was lovely.

We checked in late, and were exhausted, so the first night went well, even though we were on the bottom floor, when I had requested a top floor. The next morning however, we found a dirty tub with someone's nasty hairs in it, a broken shower curtain rod, my extra towel request had been totally ignored, and the doors on the closet were stuck shut. We had to take them off the track and put them back on just to get in it. They still didn't want to open very well.

I sent my husband to the front desk to complain about these issues, and we were assured that the shower rod (only) would be fixed before we came back that afternoon. It was not, and we had to complain again. So frustrating! The maids did bring us extra towels after cleaning that day, so I guess that's something.

The second night was horrible. It sounded like a herd of cattle was living above us, and I got no sleep. That is exactly why I always request a top floor room.

So basically, the area is super nice, but the hotel and customer service need work. Homewood Suites has a policy about complaints that states that if your room has issues and you complain and they don't get fixed (ie shower rod, closet doors), your night is free. Well, I didn't even get offered a discount. Shame on you!

Tisha Craw

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your input. We apprecite the time you took to make your concerns known. The hotel has undergone some great changes recently and I can assure you that if you come to see us again, you will be pleased 100%. We are under new management and the company is dedicated to ensure each employee is properly trained and the guest rooms are in tip top shape and that each guest feels right at home.

We hope you will give us a second chance. If there is anything we can do to make it right, we would love the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

First off, my GPS had a heck of a time finding this hotel. That was pretty annoying. This hotel appears 'hidden'. We had to drive around once we appeared to get to the location the GPS took us to in order to find it.

Second thing that was really annoying was the layout of this hotel. There were two elevators in different areas of the first floor. We were totally lost once getting upstairs to our room. We had to walk down 3 long hallways before finding our room.
I would NOT suggest this hotel if you are a single mom or Dad traveling with small kids. It was bordering on ridiculous. There are no signs either directing you to elevators.

The Managers reception in the lobby was very nice, however, the people manning the food were putting it up and shutting the lights out even as people were still getting their food.
There were only pitchers of some drink out, I couldn't find cups, I couldn't find milk for the kids, I couldn't find some other things and had to keep asking. The attendant couldn't speak very good English.

Same thing at breakfast. The people working the food area were rushing to put everything away even before breakfast ended, which is cheesy and annoying. They were letting the food just run out rather than make more, which I'm sure is not what the people Managing the hotel want to hear. If I am paying for a hotel that includes breakfast, that is crap that you don't keep it stocked enough so everyone can eat.

We stayed here on our way to florida where we stayed a week in Destin at the Residence Inn. The way they run their breakfast was amazing. They keep it FULLY stocked well past 'end' time. The Manager there even came out of the kitchen to look and see how many people were in the lobby before 'shutting down' the breakfast. That was awesome. Your hotel should do the same thing, seeing as I'm sure Residence Inn is your main competition since you have 'Suites' and cater to families.

The one thing I remember about this room was that there was a large stain on the bedcovering, which is disgusting. We removed these immediately and just laid them on the floor. Why do hotels use heavy comforters that they are not going to launder? That is just nasty.

And two of our pillowcases actually had HAIRS on them!!!! I had to call down to the front desk and request new ones. The window in the living room part of the suite was messed up. I tried to open it, it slammed down and a part of the plastic broke off... Good thing it didn't take off one of my childrens fingers!

Room Tip: ask for one near the elevator, or else you might never find your room! With the layout of this hote...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CincyCheerMoM
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean and offered up to date technology. The pool was very nice in the evenings. The location, although slightly hidden was quite and allowed easy access to I65

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pman74

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our Homewood Suites in Brentwood. We are pleased to hear you were happy with your stay and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

First let me say that I am a fairly hard "grader" of hotels. I've traveled for years and I guess I have always been a bit of a stickler for details, service, etc. The Nashville area hotels are expensive compared to most places I travel in South, so I guess I should not be surprised that I was not very pleased with my stay here (being one of the lowest rates around at $132/nt). First let me say that finding the hotel is bit difficult, as the signage is well hidden by a large hedge (whether by ordinance or oversight I do not know). I arrived to find a front desk staff who I felt did not represent the brand well (a bit disheveled), and was disappointed to find that my room was actually an "accessible" room (my least favorite). That was just the beginning. I should say that most of the furnishings and carpets appeared new and had no unpleasant odors, etc. The room had a few issues: The entry door was not well fitted, which meant that when anyone on the hall open/closed their door, my door "rattled" back and forth; There were large water stains that appeared on the bedroom ceiling; their was a good bit of mold evident in the shower; the shower head dripped constantly (which meant the bathroom floor stayed wet); the microwave clock was not set properly; and the bedspread was so wrinkled I wondered when the last time it could have possibly been laundered. Other notes: Breakfast ends at 9, which I felt was too early, particularly for a family on vacation, etc. I like to work a bit before breakfast, and I arrived at 8:45am on way out to find everything decimated, with no greeting or apology from the attendant I might add (who was there already cleaning and closing up). Bottom Line: If you don't have high expectations and just need a place to flop and go, you should be fine. For me, this hotel, on this stay, fell short.

Room Tip: Avoid "accessible" rooms and first floor (less privacy and more noise).
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rodlandersal

Thank you sir for your input into our Homewood Suites in Brentwood. We are happy to announce that we are under new management and can assure you that if you stay with us again, it will be a completely better experience for you. We have a dedicated staff eager to make the hotel look great and each guest to feel right at home.

We appreciate your input as that is the only way we can know what to change and it gives us the opporunity to grow.

If we can do anything to make this right for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Have a great day and we look forward to your next stay with us.