“okay, but could have been better”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Cincinnati, Ohio
“okay, but could have been better”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

First off, my GPS had a heck of a time finding this hotel. That was pretty annoying. This hotel appears 'hidden'. We had to drive around once we appeared to get to the location the GPS took us to in order to find it.

Second thing that was really annoying was the layout of this hotel. There were two elevators in different areas of the first floor. We were totally lost once getting upstairs to our room. We had to walk down 3 long hallways before finding our room.
I would NOT suggest this hotel if you are a single mom or Dad traveling with small kids. It was bordering on ridiculous. There are no signs either directing you to elevators.

The Managers reception in the lobby was very nice, however, the people manning the food were putting it up and shutting the lights out even as people were still getting their food.
There were only pitchers of some drink out, I couldn't find cups, I couldn't find milk for the kids, I couldn't find some other things and had to keep asking. The attendant couldn't speak very good English.

Same thing at breakfast. The people working the food area were rushing to put everything away even before breakfast ended, which is cheesy and annoying. They were letting the food just run out rather than make more, which I'm sure is not what the people Managing the hotel want to hear. If I am paying for a hotel that includes breakfast, that is crap that you don't keep it stocked enough so everyone can eat.

We stayed here on our way to florida where we stayed a week in Destin at the Residence Inn. The way they run their breakfast was amazing. They keep it FULLY stocked well past 'end' time. The Manager there even came out of the kitchen to look and see how many people were in the lobby before 'shutting down' the breakfast. That was awesome. Your hotel should do the same thing, seeing as I'm sure Residence Inn is your main competition since you have 'Suites' and cater to families.

The one thing I remember about this room was that there was a large stain on the bedcovering, which is disgusting. We removed these immediately and just laid them on the floor. Why do hotels use heavy comforters that they are not going to launder? That is just nasty.

And two of our pillowcases actually had HAIRS on them!!!! I had to call down to the front desk and request new ones. The window in the living room part of the suite was messed up. I tried to open it, it slammed down and a part of the plastic broke off... Good thing it didn't take off one of my childrens fingers!

Room Tip: ask for one near the elevator, or else you might never find your room! With the layout of this hote...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CincyCheerMoM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent 3 nights and enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean and offered up to date technology. The pool was very nice in the evenings. The location, although slightly hidden was quite and allowed easy access to I65

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pman74
RJDeckard, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to our Homewood Suites in Brentwood. We are pleased to hear you were happy with your stay and look forward to your next stay with us.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 14, 2012

First let me say that I am a fairly hard "grader" of hotels. I've traveled for years and I guess I have always been a bit of a stickler for details, service, etc. The Nashville area hotels are expensive compared to most places I travel in South, so I guess I should not be surprised that I was not very pleased with my stay here (being one of the lowest rates around at $132/nt). First let me say that finding the hotel is bit difficult, as the signage is well hidden by a large hedge (whether by ordinance or oversight I do not know). I arrived to find a front desk staff who I felt did not represent the brand well (a bit disheveled), and was disappointed to find that my room was actually an "accessible" room (my least favorite). That was just the beginning. I should say that most of the furnishings and carpets appeared new and had no unpleasant odors, etc. The room had a few issues: The entry door was not well fitted, which meant that when anyone on the hall open/closed their door, my door "rattled" back and forth; There were large water stains that appeared on the bedroom ceiling; their was a good bit of mold evident in the shower; the shower head dripped constantly (which meant the bathroom floor stayed wet); the microwave clock was not set properly; and the bedspread was so wrinkled I wondered when the last time it could have possibly been laundered. Other notes: Breakfast ends at 9, which I felt was too early, particularly for a family on vacation, etc. I like to work a bit before breakfast, and I arrived at 8:45am on way out to find everything decimated, with no greeting or apology from the attendant I might add (who was there already cleaning and closing up). Bottom Line: If you don't have high expectations and just need a place to flop and go, you should be fine. For me, this hotel, on this stay, fell short.

Room Tip: Avoid "accessible" rooms and first floor (less privacy and more noise).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rodlandersal
Thank you sir for your input into our Homewood Suites in Brentwood. We are happy to announce that we are under new management and can assure you that if you stay with us again, it will be a completely better experience for you. We have a dedicated staff eager to make the hotel look great and each guest to feel right at home.

We appreciate your input as that is the only way we can know what to change and it gives us the opporunity to grow.

If we can do anything to make this right for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Have a great day and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Everything was perfect, including the promptness of recoding my room key 3 times because it kept coming into contact with my cell phone. My ONLY observation that concerned me wa the number of housekeeping employees who ate breakfast from the same kitchen as guests. I'm a believer of employees NOT eating in front of customers.

• Stayed July 2012
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your mention of employees eating the breakfast. We are under new management and have a complete new staff.

Please come and see us again soon. We look forward to having you back as our guest.
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We visited with an extended family. Two kids, us and grandma. We reserved a suite with two queen room, but at check-in, the room was unavailable (broken, I believe). The desk clerk gave us two king suites and reduced the rate (less for two king suites than the one room we reserved). The rooms were very good, breakfast was very good, the outdoor pool was good. Our only complaint was minor, they didn't provide maid service during the first night of our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come and stay with us again as we dedicated to making each guest feel right at home.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I sit comfortably on the couch in my Homewood Suites room as I write this review. The room is very nice, good bed, very clean bathrooms, full kitchen. Decent restaurants within driving distance and easy access to I-65. I guess thats where the good part ends. The breakfast and "light dinner" is nothing to speak of. Soggy scrambled eggs or omelettes that taste like soap. Stale apples are the only fresh fruit with an occasional over ripe banana. Lets not even get into dinner.
The best (worst?) part. It took more than a minute for the tripadvisor page to load. Forget streaming movies. Wi-Fi strength. Stay away. Tonight is my last night here.....Hyatt Place here I come.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered rooms on floors 2 and 3, and choose rooms in the wing opposite the reception (to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadreviews
Thank you so much for your input about our Homewood Suites. Come back! So much has changed around here and you will love it. Better WiFi too. We are pleased to announce we are under new management and we are dedicated to providing top notch service and authentic hospitality. We want all of our guests to feel right at home. The food is better too. Give us another chance and you will be pleasantly surprised. Make sure you ask for me when booking your next stay. I would love to personally assist you.

Sincerely;

Rebecca Deckard
Director of Sales.
Austin
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Decent hotel. Atrium/breakfast area and other common areas were well maintained, though some of the hallways looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The suite was very spacious and the pullout couch surprisingly comfortable. Some of the furniture (in particular the ottoman and chairs) was a little worn and the bathroom was nothing to write home about. Nice big screen tv's and decent kitchen. Breakfast was a bit above average. Overall, I'd stay here again if I came back, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your input about our Homewood Suites. We appreciate it so much. This is how we learn how to grow as we strive to be the best hotel in the area. We are pleased to announce that we are under new management and can assure you that if you come back, you will have a completely different stay. Lots of upgrades since you were last with us.

Come see us again and let us make you feel right at home.