“Good room, bad breakfast, horrible wi-fi.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good room, bad breakfast, horrible wi-fi.”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I sit comfortably on the couch in my Homewood Suites room as I write this review. The room is very nice, good bed, very clean bathrooms, full kitchen. Decent restaurants within driving distance and easy access to I-65. I guess thats where the good part ends. The breakfast and "light dinner" is nothing to speak of. Soggy scrambled eggs or omelettes that taste like soap. Stale apples are the only fresh fruit with an occasional over ripe banana. Lets not even get into dinner.
The best (worst?) part. It took more than a minute for the tripadvisor page to load. Forget streaming movies. Wi-Fi strength. Stay away. Tonight is my last night here.....Hyatt Place here I come.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered rooms on floors 2 and 3, and choose rooms in the wing opposite the reception (to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadreviews
RJDeckard, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your input about our Homewood Suites. Come back! So much has changed around here and you will love it. Better WiFi too. We are pleased to announce we are under new management and we are dedicated to providing top notch service and authentic hospitality. We want all of our guests to feel right at home. The food is better too. Give us another chance and you will be pleasantly surprised. Make sure you ask for me when booking your next stay. I would love to personally assist you.

Sincerely;

Rebecca Deckard
Director of Sales.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Austin
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Decent hotel. Atrium/breakfast area and other common areas were well maintained, though some of the hallways looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The suite was very spacious and the pullout couch surprisingly comfortable. Some of the furniture (in particular the ottoman and chairs) was a little worn and the bathroom was nothing to write home about. Nice big screen tv's and decent kitchen. Breakfast was a bit above average. Overall, I'd stay here again if I came back, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your input about our Homewood Suites. We appreciate it so much. This is how we learn how to grow as we strive to be the best hotel in the area. We are pleased to announce that we are under new management and can assure you that if you come back, you will have a completely different stay. Lots of upgrades since you were last with us.

Come see us again and let us make you feel right at home.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here the weekend of March 24/25. I absolutely loved the hotel. It had a spacious two room suite, full size refrigerator. The breakfast was just average continental, but I am not a big breakfast person anyway. I really like being able to spread out in the room when we are there considering I have 5 people in my family and this hotel absolutely allowed that. We definitely will look into staying here again the next time we are in the Brentwood area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jakyle3
Mandeville
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Don't stay here if you need to use the Internet or take a shower. It is so slow it takes a long time to check email or paint a web page. I had to wake up at 3AM to process some work transactions and the Internet was still slow. They also lost water pressure right in the middle of my shower. Had to clean up with a trickle of water from the shower head.

No ESPN in the fitness center.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam C
Kewanee, Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Located in a corporate/office complex. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. Nice surprise and appreciated. Friendly helpful staff. Good breakfast and evening managers reception. Good parking. Once in room found tv controls did not work and bedroom clocks not set to correct time. Could not change time myself. Call to the front desk corrected the little problems immediately.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SarahMpls
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a nice hotel near a number of office buildings. The staff was very helpful and friendly. When I checked into my room, I found the non-smoking room smelled very strongly of smoke. The hotel said they were sold out and couldn't switch me and quickly gave me a free room (almost too quickly, making me wonder if they knew the whole time it smelled horrible). Also, I had to call down to request an iron due to mine being missing from the room. When I went down to use the business center, the room was about 500 degrees and had two computers that operated at 1995 speeds. On a more positive note, the breakfast is very large for a hotel of this price range and the coffee was great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SarahMpls
amsterdam
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at this location for 2 nights while teaching a private workshop in Nashville. The quality of the hotel is good and the staff very friendly. There is a big YMCA right around the corner so if you're looking for some serious exercise options that's a bonus. They have free drinks at night and the breakfast is good. The only downside was the wireless which was painfully slow (it felt more like old school dial up). Downloading and uploading files was agonizingly slow which was terrible for work and trying to watch a streaming video was completely out of the question. No DSL cable or outlet in the room which sealed the deal. I know wireless in the States can be lacking sometimes but this was abnormal. If the internet got a boost I would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business