“Property is getting wore down, showing signs of age”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Property is getting wore down, showing signs of age”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed here before a few times and its been awhile. This place is great for a Solo Business traveler, but the rooms are too small for more than one person for a night or two. The bathrooms are so small, you almost can't close the door while standing up inside. And I am not that big. Bed I has seemed very hard, I did not sleep well. I do like their menu and the breakfast they put on, its different and there are enough choices to satisfy a variety of people. Gym is small but clean and useable. Internet was good, TV Stations were limited.

Room Tip: Ask if they have something available that has a larger lavatory. It was tiny in the room I had. If...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place during a recent trip to Nashville. For 95% of the stay the hotel was exactly what we wanted. The rooms were clean and modern, WiFi worked well, breakfast was good, and the noise level was reasonable.

Our issue occurred with a theft related to our bicycles. My wife and I were driving across country with our bicycles on the back of our car. We initially planned to store the bicycles in our room to keep them safe during our stay, but the front desk staff ensured us that they had a locked 'mechanical' room where they could be securely stored during the stay. We were impressed with their effort to accommodate us.

Unfortunately, when we checked out and collected our bicycles from the locked room we immediately discovered that a removable seat cushion was missing from my wife's bike. My wife and I were disappointed that this happened and this left us with a bad taste in our mouth about the hotel. We expressed a complaint to the man who gave us access to the room and he explained he would pass it along to his supervisor. We are reasonable people and recognize that this is a 'minor theft', but it is still a theft and feel that it is important that management be aware.

I recommend that the Hyatt Place management keep a closer eye on their staff that has access to this 'mechanical' room. For future guests, I recommend taking extra steps to secure their personal items -- you never know what silly items some people will steal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I stays here with our 10 year old daughter who was participating in a swim competition. Room #223 had 2 queen beds and a spacious sitting area. The room and the hallways were clean. Housekeeping was very efficient. The free breakfast was adequate. We were away from the room for the majority of day and early evening. Upon going to bed, I did have a difficult time due to a very loud motor somewhere outside our room. This noise combined win the noise of the room a/c made sleep almost impossible. I felt hat my head was next to railroad track with lots of trains rolling by. I would stay here again but request another room

• Stayed July 2013
Miami
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was really not a vacation trip, it was to take my son and set him up to start Lipscomb University. Tennessee is beautiful, and the setting of this hotel gives you a first hand view of it's beauty. Location is great, it is very centrally located, whether you are going to Downtown Nashville, Cool Springs, Franklin or any surrounding city. It's right off I-65, so it is easy to get anywhere. Traffic can get a little challenging in the morning and afternoon during rush hour traffic. It took us a good 1/2 an hour to reach the hotel on the exit ramp. But that's everywhere you go. Don't let this scare you, Hyatt Place is on top of the hill and the view and the flowers are breathtaking. The customer service was amazing and the rooms were GREAT! The rooms are spacious and very clean. You may read about the tight area where the toilet and shower is located and it is true, but it is just a minor inconvenience when you compare it to what you get. The hotel smelled great! We stayed overnight at a hotel in Tifton on our way up from South Florida, and the Hyatt Place was a wonderful change! They provided free Wi-Fi in the room, they are eco-friendly and they offer free breakfast. We only had breakfast on 2 of the 6 days, but both times were good. There was a variety of fruits, yogurt, cereal, juices, breads and prepared egg sandwiches. Today it was a croissant with egg and Canadian ham. There was also another option with egg, but I didn't try it. What I loved was the hotel itself and the customer service from EVERYONE!!! It's worth it! We checked in on July 27 and reserved until August 3. Although we left on Friday, August 2, my sons decided to stay for the extra night because rather stay there than sleep at my son's new apartment, that should give you an idea how much they liked it and how nice it was.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 206, It is like 5 rooms away from the elevators, but the halls are not that long.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Brentwood area was the ideal location for our recent trip to Nashville and the surrounding towns. The Hyatt Place is located right off of the interstate, so it is convenient to the attractions without the hustle and bustle of a downtown location. Although the hotel is just off of a major interstate and across the street from a shopping center, it sits on a hilltop, which offers privacy and great views. The complimentary breakfast offered a few interesting and more "gourmet" breakfast sandwiches as well as the usual bagels, toast, and cereal. The hotel was very modern and clean with up-to-date furnishings. Our room was very spacious with a large sitting area and a huge flat screen tv. In such a large room, a surprisingly tiny amount of space was allocated to the bathroom. The vanity area was open to the bedroom, and was very large with a nice modern sink. Unfortunately, the enclosed toilet and shower area felt more like a closet. There was very little clearance between the toilet and the door. Storage in the bathroom was also an issue - there was no were to put a change of clothes except possibly the back of the toilet. Despite the tight bathroom and a loud air conditioner, we were very satisfied with our guest room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
alabama
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We visited on a weekend when there were lots of kids competing in a southeastern swim meet. The staff did a great job of having breakfast out early for a Saturday because swimmer's have to warm up at 7:15 a.m. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We were on the sixth floor and the elevator was a bit slow but not annoyingly slow. There is also a nice lobby seating area and other sitting areas. There is a nice workout room although I didn't have time to use it. The hotel is close to eateries and shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a solid upscale hotel for business and leisure. The Hyatt Place decor is new millennium smart. Super fast checkin. Great room sizes with separate office nook and furniture is sleek and ergonomic. Busy and inviting lobby bar and lounge. Breakfast is well stocked with healthy options. Nice workout facility, larger than most.

Room Tip: City views looking north over the tree line are realy nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business