“The Worst Customer Service of All Time”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Charlotte, NC
“The Worst Customer Service of All Time”
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This was my first and will be my last experience with any Hyatt property. I made my reservation online through the Hyatt website but later had to cancel due to a change in my business travel schedule. Although I called to cancel my reservtion well within the designated time frame, a charge has appeared on my credit card anyway. I have repeatedly contacted both GM's at the hotel. I've left 3-4 voicemails for Jeff Smith. He has yet to return a call. His voicemail mailbox now continually says "mailbox full" when I call. I was able to reach Carl Foster, the other GM, who promptly advised me that I in fact did not cancel my reservation. When I explained that he was entirely mistaken, he asked if he could call me back. Well, that was 3 days ago. Suffice to say that I'm not waiting by my phone. The Hyatt Place in Brentwood, TN has demonstrated the most inept, unconcerned, unprofessional attitude that I have ever experienced with any company. I've been a business traveler for 10 years now, and never have I dealt with such a blatant disregard for customer service. This hotel's staff and the Hyatt Corporation on the whole should be ashamed of themselves. I will never again stray from Hilton or Marriott properties and I would recommend the same to anyone else considering this hotel. Don't walk, RUN to a Hampton, a Garden inn or a Courtyard.

• Disliked — The HORRENDOUS
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed March 26, 2008

This was the first time we have stayed at a Hyatt Place. We loved it. We had a king room. The bed was very comfortable. We also had a couch, desk, refrigerator, and the best thing of all....42 in. HDTV! We were there while some of the first round basketball games were on. It was great. The room is very comfortable and makes you want to stay and relax, which is what we did. Our relatives were calling and asking where are you? We will definite stay at Hyatt Place again.

1 Thank terpfan1
Baxter, Tennessee
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Very clean, very large rooms. Sofa in sitting area, refrigerator, king size bed, 42" flat screen LG TV, with all the DVD and game jacks. Jeff the manager, was a pleasure to speak with and was very friendly and helpful. A wonderful experience. $ 80.00, and then on top of that a $ 20.00 in house dining credit through Hotels.com. Food was great. Excellent free continental breakfast. I would recomment this facility to anyone.

• Liked — Very large and accomodating rooms. 42" LG Television. View from front rooms.
  • Disliked — Nothing
1 Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA
North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2008

Stayed at a Hyatt Place in Atlanta, Ga 2/08, and was very impressed...the Brentwood hotel is not nearly as nice. The bathroom was somewhta gross and very old-looking. Also, although they have a food and beverage area, I could not get a bottle of water at any point during my stay. Will not stay at this location again.

• Disliked — Bathroom
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Quiet, clean and a very good place. Location is excellent. A few foibles from a quick transition to the new look, but great room for the price.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I was very impressed with the Hyatt Place. As others have commented, the bathroom area is very small, but otherwise the room is spacious, the HDTV is a great addition, and the amenities were excellent.

I was a bit concerned being placed next to the elevator but I never heard it.

Of course that may have been because the place was all but empty. The parking lot was almost completely empty (4 or 5 cars) and it looked like the staff just didn't have much to do.

I hope the positive reviews on TripAdvisor bring some traffic to this place; it desperately seems to need it. But the most recent reviews are all accurate.

• Liked — HDTV, 24 hour food service
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed November 11, 2007

The impression that stands out the most to me was the cleaniliness of the hotel. That was based on the fact that it was renovated 2 months ago & the design is sleek. The tv was crystal clear. The staff was very friendly. The downsides were that they had a an issue with the hot water during our stay but were told were replacing the boiler or riser. Any hotel can be good when things are fine but it's when the going gets rough that counts. They immediately offered us our first night free (after a simple phone call to the front desk asking about the water); there was no stress at all involved. Then they moved us to a different room which was not affected by the problem. Another issue I had was that from the front of the hotel you can hear the interstate a little bit, which for most people wouldn't be a problem or could be resolved by the white-noise-esque heat/air unit that can be made very loud. I noticed that most hotels in Nashville are right off the highway so I wouldn't this issue stick. When we got moved to the rear the sound was nill. We were there during CMA week & the hotel was full. Also I never heard any doors slamming, or people walking/talking, elevators, or ice-machines. The bathroom was small, but it was made up for by everything else. The couch was super long & you could read very comfortably on it, especially with the leather ottoman which served like a coffee table. Also I found the location to be central, pleasant, & great b/c I-65 is served more by cars than trucks unlike some other highways there. I would stay there again.

• Liked — The style
  • Disliked — Small bathroom, but at least lots of counter space in adjoining powder area.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple