“Quite pleased”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
hometown, Indiana
“Quite pleased”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Was greeted quickly and warmly. Was pleased with our room. Really liked the area where the sofa is arranged for seating away from the beds. One bed had something on the bed skirt near the head of the bed (dried phlegm?). Noticed this the first morning of the stay, and noticed it wasn't cleaned when we returned to the room later. That seemed to be the only disappointment. The shower was great! Hot and with lots of pressure. The bathroom was a bit narrow in our room. Reminded me a bit of the small ones in Europe. Not a lot of room around the toilet. Beds were quite comfortable and room was quiet from the hallways. Could hear the traffic on I-65, but it was not bothersome to us at all. Wonderful view from our room! It overlooked the front lot and the hills of Nashville. Breakfast had a great selection! We got down there just at the time it was due to be over, but there was plenty to choose from and we were welcome to help ourselves. Liked our stay well enough that we will choose Hyatt Place hotels in the future and would definitely stay at this one again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank I_travel_alot_115

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We chose a cheaper hotel initially but after being disgusted decided to come to the Hyatt. Everyone was so friendly, the room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was tiny but otherwise the bed was amazingly comfortable. It was very quiet and we for a great nights sleep. Breakfast was great, large selection and a variety of things. Staff got us everything we needed. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank briyank
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am a big fan of the Hyatt Place brand, and this hotel surpasses their normal high standards. The five star rating may be a dramatic for a relatively inexpensive hotel, but they did everything perfectly during my stay and it wouldn't be fair to rate them any less.

The location is decent. I live in the Nashville area and Brentwood is situated ideally. 10 minutes North to Nashville, 10 minutes South to Franklin, 15 minutes East to the airport and Opryland. The hotel sits high on a hill right off of I65 and is close to decent restaurants and their is a Target across the street.

The rooms and amenities are the Hyatt Place Standards. Everything was immaculately clean and well placed. My room was absolutely silent and gave me the best sleep I've had in weeks. The TV is enormous and worked very well (most Hyatt Places have huge plasmas, and they are just now showing their age in picture quality- that was not the case here).

The main reason for the great review was their service and attention to detail. I called the hotel at 10 PM from Denver after my flight was delayed (thanks United!). The woman on the phone worked with me on finding a rate that was compliant with my company. She understood that I couldn't officially reserve the room because of my lack of confidence my flight would take off, but told me what the census was and said my chances look great.
When I arrived at 2:30, they had a great room for me at the promised rate. It was on a high floor, away from the elevator and highway- a perfect recipe for sleep. I had a 5:30 AM meeting, so my plan was to sleep 2 hours, and then come back at 9 and sleep another 3 and a half. They arranged a late checkout and I slept like a baby.

I was really made to feel welcome and had a wonderful stay- I was super impressed and I'm quite picky.

Room Tip: I like high floors- the East part of the building is furthest away from I65 and thus quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Oxford, MS
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great location to near by areas. Easy access to downtown Nashville, 30 minute drive to Murfreesboro, and close to Cool Springs

Alabama
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Our room was nice and the bed was comfortable, but you can definitely tell it is an older hotel. While there have been updates done, it could use a little more updating here and there. We were woken up in the morning to our toilet over-flowing in the floor. Once we called the front desk, they sent maintenance immediately. The maintenance worker said, "these aren't the best toilets ever" and with that, we were glad to be checking out that morning. The shower floor flexed while you were standing on it making it hard to sustain your balance. Needless to say, the bathroom could use updating.

The housekeeping bangs on the doors very early with what sounded like a metal key. Even though we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, we were still woken up by the housekeeping knocking on neighboring doors.

The breakfast was okay. It is your typical continental breakfast, so I wasn't expecting to be wowed. The coffee is horrible. The Starbucks they advertise in the lobby is a single espresso machine and it is not complimentary.

Overall, the Hyatt Place hotel is a decent hotel, but I was disappointed here and there.

Villa Hills, Kentucky
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Our room was very nice, beds comfortable and everything seemed cleaned. We needed an extension cord, as there are no outlets around the bed area and they provided one very quickly. Had some trouble with the shower as it pounded my husband in the shower, but then our 16 yr. did his magic and it worked beautifully the next time. Our room was very quiet, we did not ever hear anyone else, their tv's or showers and it appeared to be quite full. The breakfast had plenty to offer everyone - hand-cut steel oatmeal with all the trimmings available, yogurt, fruits, danishes, breads, cereals, hot pancakes, breakfast sandwiches. And we were told the coffee was strong and fresh by our friends. Since our trip was a college visit, this will be my go-to place when our son starts Belmont in the fall.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room on the front and you can see everything as the hotel sits up on a hill h...
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Hyatt Place hotel – a former AmeriSuites – is a wonderful choice for lodging in Brentwood. It’s conveniently located in a hilltop location just off I-65,close to many restaurants and shopping, and a mile from the Maryland business park.

The staff are all very friendly, and seem genuine in their desire to make guests feel at home. I had no service issues during my stay.

The rooms are standard Hyatt Place fare – the cozy comfort corner sectional sofa is in the front part of the room, separated by a half-wall from the sleeping area. My room was spotless and well maintained. The only annoying aspect of the room – standard for Hyatt Place, it seems – is that the TV cannot be viewed from the work desk. The TV faces the beds and the sofa, but can’t be seen from the desk, which is located around the corner from it. The bed was comfortable, the shower piping hot with plenty of water pressure, and there was a small refrigerator in the room (but curiously, no microwave).

This hotel now offers hot items on its complimentary breakfast buffet. The breakfast sandwiches were really tasty, and the selection of fruits, breads, and hot oatmeal with a variety of toppings was a nice way to start the day. Free USA Today and Wall Street Journal copies are available at breakfast, too.

I’d gladly stay here again for any visit to the Brentwood area of Nashville.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business