“Clean, quiet, great tv!”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Quiet, clean and a very good place. Location is excellent. A few foibles from a quick transition to the new look, but great room for the price.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed November 18, 2007

I was very impressed with the Hyatt Place. As others have commented, the bathroom area is very small, but otherwise the room is spacious, the HDTV is a great addition, and the amenities were excellent.

I was a bit concerned being placed next to the elevator but I never heard it.

Of course that may have been because the place was all but empty. The parking lot was almost completely empty (4 or 5 cars) and it looked like the staff just didn't have much to do.

I hope the positive reviews on TripAdvisor bring some traffic to this place; it desperately seems to need it. But the most recent reviews are all accurate.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2007

The impression that stands out the most to me was the cleaniliness of the hotel. That was based on the fact that it was renovated 2 months ago & the design is sleek. The tv was crystal clear. The staff was very friendly. The downsides were that they had a an issue with the hot water during our stay but were told were replacing the boiler or riser. Any hotel can be good when things are fine but it's when the going gets rough that counts. They immediately offered us our first night free (after a simple phone call to the front desk asking about the water); there was no stress at all involved. Then they moved us to a different room which was not affected by the problem. Another issue I had was that from the front of the hotel you can hear the interstate a little bit, which for most people wouldn't be a problem or could be resolved by the white-noise-esque heat/air unit that can be made very loud. I noticed that most hotels in Nashville are right off the highway so I wouldn't this issue stick. When we got moved to the rear the sound was nill. We were there during CMA week & the hotel was full. Also I never heard any doors slamming, or people walking/talking, elevators, or ice-machines. The bathroom was small, but it was made up for by everything else. The couch was super long & you could read very comfortably on it, especially with the leather ottoman which served like a coffee table. Also I found the location to be central, pleasant, & great b/c I-65 is served more by cars than trucks unlike some other highways there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackieussss
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed as an overnight getaway and were not disappointed. The Hotel was clean and just as advertised. The staff was nice and let my husband check in early to suprise me with Flowers in the room.

The only things that need a bit improvement were the bathroom, very small. Had to move the toilet seat to get the door closed. Seemed to be a hot water problem, but as long as we kept the faucet on hot while we were showering we would get hot water.

Overall a great experience and the minor things can be adjusted.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I had a meeting with a client in Brentwood, so I wanted something close by. I found this Hyatt Place (which used to be Amerisuites), and checked out the Hyatt website. It didn't show specific photos of this property, but it indicated that all their rooms were the same, including two rooms, a *giant* HDTV Plasma TV (between 42 and 47"), L-shaped sofa, etc. . I booked the room, although it was a tad high ($137 I think). If you've stayed at an Amerisuites in the past, you get an idea of the floorplan of the room, although the furniture and look is all new.
I got there and the place did not disappoint. The room was just like the website photos, although they were still finishing up the details in the lobby and some small items here and there, outside of the room itself.
I was greeted by what appeared to be a dedicated greeter at the front door, and the front desk staff was very very friendly and helpful.
Back to the room, like I said, it has this huge flat panel TV, and it also has many channels in HD. It also has an interface on the side of the TV stand to plug in your computer, or anything else you could think of. Since the desk has rollers on it, you could hold a meeting of maybe 4 or 5 other people in the room if you like, using the TV for it. The only thing missing was the cables to connect to the interface. I'm sure most people won't carry the correct cables with them on a daily basis. Also, while the TV did rotate and pivot, you could not view the TV while sitting at the desk in the position it is normally in. You have to move the desk in the room to accomplish that.
Overall, I'd say you'll like this place, especially if you did technology and big honkin' TVs.
The property sits on top of a hill, so no worries about traffic noise or traffic at all, as nothing is right next door. You can also look out the front of the hotel and see pretty much all of your eating and shopping options close by.

I'd stay at this property again, but the price is kind of pushing it for me, even taking into account the mega TV.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2007

The Hyatt Place in Brentwood is a must stay. The rooms were clean, modern, and upscale. What a deal. The 42" flat screen t.v. was awesome. And the breakfast was not your ordinary fare. They offered egg and ham and bacon sandwiches, good coffee (a must for me) and loads of other offerings. The bed was King sized and comfortable. I felt like I was in a a much more upscale hotel, but with a budget price. Book it now. You won't be disabppointed.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin G
Reviewed October 16, 2007

OK, so planned a nice weekend in Nashville and saw the Hyatt was available, booked through the website.. So far so good
Hotel is located atop a hill across the street from s strip mall with a Target & Panera Bread .. The Hilltop has a very nice view which can go for miles .. Again, doing well.
Checked in .. Around 5:00 Saturday .. Well, our room, King Room, was not ready .. You see, they had a lot to do that day .. Nice .. They found a room that needed a final inspection, so we went to the car for our bags and headed up.. So far, OK
The room is quite large, sitting room upon entering and a wet bar over to the left opposite a large desk with chair. Also, ports for everything imaginable to plug into. A Wide Screen HD TV is situated between the sitting area and the bedroom area. .Excellent.
Now for the bathroom. I see where the extra closet space went. A VERY small bath area with the bowl and tub sharing a room and the sink outside the room. I didn't like the bathroom right next to the bed. The fact that the faucets were difficult to use and the shower was broken, but opperable was worse.
The bed was soft but comfortable and the air conditioning was good.
Hopefully by the end of the year the elevators will be fixed, they are slow and have broken up down lights. The breakfast served in the morning was quite good, the Breakfast Sunday morning had more of a selection but Monday's wasn't bad.
A good location so if you can get the room for under $100 you won't feel too bad, others in the area should be able to come in around $89, but the Hyatt Place breakfast could be worth $10. Also, with a few incidental fix ups, this place could be OK, I just really disliked the location and size of the bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple