“Excellent BBQ piled high over great french fries”
Review of Ridgewood Barbecue

Ridgewood Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Bluff City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This is a small place way out in the country, and somewhat hard to find. They have great plates of thinly sliced pork piled high over a bed of excellent home made french fries.

A word of warning about getting there, there is a nasty speed trap on the highway leading to this place, so watch out how fast you are going. Also, the restaurant is on a windy and hilly road, and if there is any snow present the road may be tricky.

1  Thank Bern666

Reviewed July 15, 2010

The blue cheese bowl is a must. Don't be fooled by the other offerings the pork is the only entree to order...plate or sandwich you won't be disappointed. Make sure you get a side of fries for sharing, and sopping up the rest of your blue cheese bowl (get the large). And don't forget a sweet tea! Ridgewood makes there's sweeeet! But the sweetness is the perfect complement to the barbecue.

Also be aware, this place is the soup nazi of barbecue. If you know Seinfeld you know what I mean. If it's a slow day, they'll close early. If you don't order properly (do you want your sandwich with slaw or without?) they'll roll their eyes. This place doesn't need to work to win friends -- it's that good. The gruffness though, is part of it's charm.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

It's worth your time. I've been making several trips a year to Ridgewood since I first went there while going to college nearby - over 30 years ago - and it's still GREAT!

The bbq is very unique (made from whole hams, then sliced) and that's what makes it so special. It's in a class by itself, unlike any other bbq we've eaten (whether in NC, TX, Memphis or Kansas City - we've eaten BBQ in all these places!). Ridgewood is azt the top of our list of favorites. The fries are made from fresh cut potatoes and are wonderful. DO NOT miss the beans. They are sweet, savory, and always delicious!

1  Thank TheGrandMan
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I thought I had good barbecue before, until I went to Ridgewood. The pulled pork was the best I've ever tasted, and the beans were incredible! Be prepared to wait during dinner hours, but it's worth it. Service was very friendly as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

That says it all. I grew up going to the Ridgewood. The bbq beans are the BEST!!!! And their pork sandwiches are great. They also have fantastic blue cheese dressing that you can order with crackers, it has HUGE chunks of blue cheese in it. I love the Ridgewood, we don't live in East TN anymore but we eat there every time we visit plus get a couple of pounds of pork and a jar of sauce to bring back to Nashville with us. You have to eat there. But get there early, if you are in line and it's closing time, you won't be seated.

1  Thank 12-826