“Huge disappointment”

Sunburst Adventures
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Benton
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunburst Adventures is the Ocoee Rivers original white water rafting company established in 1976, Sunburst has always prided itself in the longest trip on the river giving you a wild but safe adventure! We offer both half day and full day river trips and cater to large groups for a teambuilding expierence of a lifetime. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-247-8388. Hope to see you on the river soon.
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Same as the last reviewer. We drove three and a half hours for my daughter's 18th birthday along with 11 of her friends to go rafting. This company wasted most of our day lying to us about why we were not rafting and then oh yes we are going to raft only to tell us again that no we're not. I'm waiting for my money back from Groupon and this company. Mary the owner said that I would get the money back... still haven't received it and she wasn't sure when I would since she's never given a refund before. Totally unacceptable... we wasted a whole day!

4  Thank krispeajasbri
"awesome experience"
"great rafting"
"raft guide"

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Arrived at 1:45 for a 2:30 trip. Waited over an hour with no word of what was happening. Another 30 minutes passed and the owner came out and said we would go fo sure. Another 30 minutes and we loaded the bus and drove to dropoff point where guides and boats were supposed to be waiting for us. THEY WERE NOT THERE. Driver said Mary was coming to explain. She did not show after 30 minutes when back to their shop. Waited 15-20 minutes for Mary to arrive. She tried to blame it on the TVA but it was BS. Called today to get my refund and no one has returned my call. Called Groupon and they will get back to me but the rafting place owes me money too.

5  Thank kaufmans981
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We had an awesome time at Sunburst. Very professional company, great guides and loads of fun. We went there for the first time earlier in the year with two of our grandsons and had such a great time we went back with some of our other grandchildren for two days. All of them had loads of fun and two of them rode the bull. If you want to have a great time white water rafting, this is THE place to go! We will be back Sunburst - love you guys!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I booked this trip for my husband, both sets of our parents, and my brother and sister-in-law. Since we had 8 people, we were split into 2 separate groups. My group had Chris as a guide, and my in-laws had Brent. We all had such a wonderful trip! We couldn't be more pleased with our experience with Sunburst! The guides were excellent, and we had so much fun! With it being a busy holiday weekend and a 3 p.m. trip, I kind of expected to be rushed through the trip, but we were very pleasantly surprised! I thought it was almost over when the guide announced that we were at the halfway point! We HIGHLY recommend!