“Excellent time”

Sunburst Adventures
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Benton
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunburst Adventures is the Ocoee Rivers original white water rafting company established in 1976, Sunburst has always prided itself in the longest trip on the river giving you a wild but safe adventure! We offer both half day and full day river trips and cater to large groups for a teambuilding expierence of a lifetime. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-247-8388. Hope to see you on the river soon.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first time white water rafting, and it was a great experience! Rachel was a great guide. She was knowledgeable and fun. It was thrilling and scary at the same time. I definitely will do it again in the future. I had purchased my ticket from half off depot. I do not recommend wearing strappy sandals because I lost it when I fell out. Also, when you anchor your foot, wearing open sandals doesn't feel comfortable. Things they need improvement on:

1. Renovate the bathrooms. They appear run down and unsanitary. 2. Provide lockers. Guests had to put their keys in a bowl which anybody could have access to. This sets up people to have their keys stolen. Either put the bowl in a secure location or provide lockers. 3. Improve wait time. We waited around for awhile before the safety intro and trip to the river. 4. Needs a newer bus or at least clean it! It is dirty.

2  Thank sparklegrl111
in 55 reviews
"company"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have never been rafting before and was very nervous.I am not a swimmer nor a fan of boats or water but I can honestly say I had a blast and thinking about doing it again next year.My husband had been rafting before we got together and always talked about us doing it together.My husband's cousin and his wife invited us to go with them because she received a coupon via email.Our spouses had been rafting before but she an I haven't we had a blast!!The guide was really good she talked us through it all and also had fun making the raft do 360's as she called lol.I would recommend sunburst for your rafting adventures .Rachael was our guide she knows her stuff on the ocoee river.This young lady made our trip adventurous and safe at the same time.Thanks for a fantastic time!!!!

1  Thank nancy2211
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Three 15 year old boys and 3 moms! It could not have been better. Les is the BEST! If you want to create memories with your child this is the place and the GUIDE!! Go to Sunburst and request LES he is the BEST!!!!!! He is AWESOME! Will give you the ride of your life and lots of cool facts and information on the river. He knows what he is talking about!

1  Thank Adam Y
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our guide was Les. He is very knowledgable of the river and made the trip exciting. We will definitely use him again!

1  Thank mbryanta
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a very great place to go Whitewater Rafting. Picking the right raft guide can make or break your trip. Rachel was THE BEST guide there! She was so fun, patient, and willing to help out everyone. This was my first time Rafting and it was great because of her.
We had a run in with a rookie and his group and we all capsized and Rachel jumped to the rescue! She was AWESOME!
She deserves a raise and more good things! My friends and I came as a group of 10 and my 5 went with Rachel and the other with Tweedle. Tweedle was also great, but not as good as Rachel!. i WILL be going back!

1  Thank Adrian P

Been to Sunburst Adventures? Share your experiences!