“Its not what I expected”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benton
Ocoee Mist Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Benton B&B and Inns
Mobile, Alabama
“Its not what I expected”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It was a cheap motel at best. The bathroom was interesting. We were greated by a pack of dirty dogs. I did not stay for breakfast. Living Social got my 200 bucks. I went to a motel.

Room Tip: Go to a motel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We enjoyed a two night stay here. It was a Christmas gift from our children. We had never stayed at a B&B before and did not know what to expect. This was not what we had expected, but what a great surprise. We are looking forward to going back, possibly in the fall. The animals are wonderful and fun and the owners very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. The food was good and we met some wonderful people. Thanks.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing pasture and afternoon sun.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Not only do you get the enjoyment of a beautiful country setting, you get to share it with a camel, llamas, donkeys, dogs, a horse and a peacock. Did we mention the pot bellied pig and goats? And parrots. This is an animal lover’s bed and breakfast. The farm is also close to the Ocoee River rafting and other outdoor activities. We had a very relaxing time on the farm and a delicious breakfast served by the gracious, friendly hosts. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view of the pasture from our room. The ones on the other side face the mountain.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I absolutely loved it. My boyfriend and I went with nothing planned. We ended up staying at the farm playing with all the animals. It was a much needed stress relief.. The animals are so amazing. I didn't want to leave them. I was about to steal them lol. The owners are such a blessing. They make an amazing breakfast and open their home up to us. They make sure you are having a great time .. So if your an animal lover and need a break, go here!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We took two of our grandkids here in July and they were in "hog" heavy :) Both of them are animal lovers and the animals were everywhere! This is a laid-back casual place so don't expect luxury. The rooms were spacious enough--beds could use new mattresses but were still fairly comfortable--the bathroom was a bit on the small side. The host and hostess couldn't be friendlier and welcoming and the breakfasts are scrumptious! Fun place to stay on a farm. There are restaurants nearby and lots of scenic drives.

Room Tip: They only have 4 rooms and all are at ground level.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Norma W
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 30, 2010

The hosts, Kevin and Carol, intentionally provide enough privacy to make you feel at home while also providing an experience worthy of twice the price-tag. My girlfriend and I made the short drive from Chattanooga to Benton [less than 40 minutes' drive time] with high expectations because we had never chosen to spend an evening at a bed-and-breakfast.

When we arrived we were accompanied to our guest lodge by Mel the Camel and a host of pets. It reminded me of where I grew up in rural Southeast Tennessee---extremely quiet---and I felt at home immediately. The next morning for breakfast we got our first chance to meet Kevin and Carol; what an entertaining couple. They met us after breakfast for approximately 1 hour meet-and-greet at the barn, where Kevin was gracious as he spoke with us about his over 2 dozen llamas, 2 camels, donkeys, goats, pet pig, dogs and cats.

Already made a return visit! We feel that the price is appropriate and the breakfast/entertainment on par with other B&B's we have visited since Kevin and Carol lit us on fire!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cwbumpus
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I have stayed at dozens of B&Bs, and this was by far my favorite. The breakfasts are incredible! Home-cooked French toast, baked pears, egg soufflé, and fresh fruit, served on a nice porch overlooking the pasture. Breakfast alone was worth half the rate.

If you are an animal lover, this is the place for you! It's like getting a free safari along with your stay. Where else can you look out from your porch and see camels?? They also have llamas, donkeys, goats (even fainting goats!), a peacock (who shows off his feathers every chance you give him), horses, geese, parrots (and other birds I don't know the names of), and several dogs and cats. All are friendly, and happy to let you pet them. The dogs even slept on our porch. Cisco the miniature donkey was probably my favorite, he is a wise old man with a friendly personality. I also loved 'Nilla, the Great Pyrenees who guards the goats. She is a sweetie. The little goats run around and ram each other with their horns, which is pretty hilarious. I can't remeber the camel's names, but they eat apples right out of your hand and seem to love attention. They all really make you feel welcome and like you belong there. It's pretty much the best petting zoo ever. Even though we went to the area for biking and paddling, I had so much fun with the animals I didn't want to leave the grounds.

We will be back for sure, and I'll bring more apples to feed the camels and Cisco.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland
#7 of 23 in Cleveland
Whitewater Inn
Whitewater Inn
#1 of 1 in Ocoee

Been to Ocoee Mist Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!