“Worst Meatloaf ever been served served”
Review of Bell Buckle Cafe

Bell Buckle Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tennessee
“Worst Meatloaf ever been served served”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I were returning from a trip and decided to drive by Bellbuckle, Tennessee to eat at the Bellbuckle Cafe. We arrive at 1:30 on Sunday thinking that we would be on the backside of the Sunday rush. We still had to wait 45 minutes for a table. When we finally got a table, I decided to order the meatloaf lunch with the logic that meatloaf in a country style restaurant would be really good. How wrong I was. The meatloaf came out in pieces and was so greasy that I could hardly eat it. Apparently it was last in the pan and they had to dip it out with the grease. i asked my wife to taste it, and she agreed. She ordered a grilled chicken salad which was fine. A restaurant has to try really hard to not serve a good grilled chicken salad. We were nice and not upset but when we told the waitress, her comment was to complain at the register.
We only live about 15 miles from the restaurant; however, we will never return. I recommend that if in the area that you go to Miller's Grocery in Christiana, TN or even Cracker Barrell for "country cooking". Both are much better than Bellbuckle Cafe.

2 Thank Bobw1950

Bell Buckle, Tennessee
“Must visit”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This little restaurant is a true, home town favorite. The food is great, huge variety of good old country cooking. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. Prices are fair. Do not skip dessert-we love the chocolate cobbler and oatmeal cake.

The bean soup is superb! Our family has not had anything that they did not enjoy!

1 Thank BBTNTravelers
Nashville, Tennessee
“A great place to Eat and Greet!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff are great. Our server was Eric and he could not do enough to make us feel welcome and well cared for.
The food portions were very good size. Enough for my husband and I to share.
Everything is made on site and was delicious. Most places can't make a decent cole slaw if their life depended on it. Not true with this cafe, it was fantastic. The potato salad was soo gooood. This is a great place for family and friends.

GA
“Good old fashioned country food”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I ate here during our stay in Bell Buckle. The place is very rustic and country. The food is the same. It was great. The food reminded me of my grandmother when she would fix supper after church on Sundays. I could have eaten there for every meal of the day.

Visited May 2013
Boston
“Country cafe”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We walked by there at lunch and there was a wait outside so decided to try going for dinner. Again, a bunch of people waiting for a table but we were seated pretty quickly. The menu Is typical country food with choice of sides. The grilled chicken was great. I ordered the carrot soufflé and everyone at my table had to try it. Even my 3 year old nephew loved it! It's a definite must get item. Everyone enjoyed their meal- pulled pork, catfish, and a hamburger. We all tried their oatmeal cake. Some thought it was too sweet and others said it was their all time favorite. It was a huge portion so consider splitting it. Overall a good experience, a casual environment with good food.

• Visited June 2013