“Food good, pathetic ownership”
Review of Teresa's Italian Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Teresa's Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Memphis
“Food good, pathetic ownership”
Reviewed July 23, 2005

My wife and I visited the restuarant on a Saturday night, at 7:30 p.m. It was not too busy and certainly no wait. We sat down and after about five minutes the server came by to take our drink order. It took about 15 minutes to order the food, a bit long but not a big deal. We then proceeded to wait 30 minutes for our salads and then 20 minutes or so for our food. The salad, thanks to the house dressing, was very good. The food was also good. I have been throughout Italy and did not think that it compared to food I got there but it is better than the run of the mill Italian chains.

The problem for us came when we asked for our bill. We have the Entertainment Club card, which enables a user to receive discounts at participating restaurants. Teresa's was in the book and listed as a participating restuarant. The server told us they no longer participated, despite the fact that they were in the book that does not expire until November. He told the owner to come talk to us. He was a nice man at first but he quickly started raising his voice at us. His wife then got in my face -- it was my wife doing all the talking at the moment -- and started screaming at me. She told us we should have informed the server before we ordered, which is not how you are supposed to do it. Her husband even told her that. Anyway, long story short they were insulting, rude and not professional.

I would not recommend this restaurant due to the way we were treated. It was as if it was our priveledge to dine in the restaurant, instead of it being the owner's priveledge to have customers. I hope they were just having a bad day. We never once raised our voices with them and we did nothing to receive rude treatment.

And the slow factor, there is no reason for that. Restuarants in Italy are known for slow service, but it's because customers linger over several courses for a couple of hours. Thirty minutes to receive salads? No excuse for that.

7 Thank Lance W