Suburban Extended Stay Bartlett
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Siesta Motel(Bartlett)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsgood sizea great stayroom was cleanstaff was very friendlyfikitchenette
Reviewed May 15, 2009

This place is horrible. I'm sitting here now typing this out because it is so bad. Got the room on Priceline (shame on priceline for calling this a 2 star motel) - it is a NO star! Room is filthy, smells like cheap cigars, has bugs, stains, UGHH!! I don't have any faith using priceline for a 2 star hotel anymore - at least not in Memphis. I'm embarassed to be staying at this place - NEVER AGAIN!! Please, do yourself a favor - don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank will_the_thrill
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We had nothing but problems with the Suburban Lodge/ Suburban Extended Stay. First I was charged for a room that I tried to cancel; and when calling Choice Hotels customer service line, I was told that there was nothing they could do but file a formal complaint because they own the building and not the business itself. We were lied to over and over about our rate- a breach of verbal contract over and over again. The room was never cleaned weekly. We were told that we could get a cart and clean the room ourself. If we wanted towels or anything else we had to go to the office and get it. (The office being closed from 11pm to 7am.) Upon leaving and requesting an overpaid balance, the General Manager told my husband to leave immediately or he'd kick his [--]. We didn't get a checkout receipt, and didn't get back the money we were told that we would get back.

Upon trying to settle the first dispute, we found out that the company that owns the business has several civil lawsuits against it.

Don't reserve a room online. Don't reserve a room over the phone. It used to be a really nice place to stay, but now you will get screwed, and possibly threatened.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank shopper08
Reviewed November 3, 2008

First of all the clerk was sweet and was told to do as she was told. No fault of her own. She was a sweet and pleasant lady. The party began @ 1 am doors slamming kid screaming more noise than an airplane landing at intervals of 3 minutes apart.
AVOID this place.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I had stayed here back in early 2007 but had a bad experience. I only came back here because my pappy passed on. When I checked in, the new GM was very courteous and checked me in personally right away. The staff was polite during my 28 day stay. Housekeeping is only done once a week but the very polite folks at the front desk let me swap my towels out whenever I needed to. The price is cheap, and this is only a two star hotel, but the new management has really righted the ship. I will continue to stay here in the future every time I'm in Memphis. Memphis is known for its crime but Bartlett is safe and this hotel is the safest I've seen. Even the security guard after hours was polite enough to change my towels for me. Definitely recommend to those on a cheap budget that want a safe, clean hotel with a great, courteous staff!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank PhatAyrak
Reviewed July 17, 2008

Where do I start? I booked this hotel through Priceline requesting a two star level hotel, to be close to my son’s basketball teams' hotel. A two star level was the only star level available in this area. We traveled eleven hours by highway to attend the AAU National Basketball tournament. My husband and I knew we were in trouble the moment we stepped into the lobby, to be met by an attendant with a baby on her hip. We thought O.K. maybe it will get better. As we proceeded to our room on the third floor, we noticed how dirty the concrete was beneath our feet. We have never seen such stained and filthy concrete. Once we reached the room, things went from bad to worse. There was a huge cobweb that encompassed the left upper corner of the door. We thought no way! At this point we knew this was not a place for us. However, like brave people we are- we attempted to proceed into the hotel room, to find that the key card would not unlock the door. We go back down to the lobby. There is now a man attending. He states that the young lady didn’t hit the check-in button on the computer. Off we go again, to find that the key card still didn’t work. We proceeded back down to the lobby. The male attendant summons the maintenance man and tells him “To get them into the room any way possible.” Let me tell you, the maintenance man got us into the room and it was not with the key card. I will not go into detail of what he did because my review might not be published. The maintenance man then suggested to my husband that we do the same if we needed to leave and reenter the room. The room also had cobwebs in the corners of the room, a ladybug crawling on the ceiling, and hair on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, we checked out right away.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple