“Welcomed Surprise”

Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The kids and I were on a cross-country road trip and needed a place to stay outside of Memphis on our way up to Louisville. I booked this hotel and immediately called to let them know it was going to be a very late arrival, but I was going to be there so don't give away my room. They were very courteous and understanding on the phone (even upgraded me, huge plus for the kids). We arrived about 2 am and were greeted very pleasantly by the night clerk who quickly identified herself by name and let us know that she would be able to fulfill any requests we had up until 7 am when she left. We got to the room and it was a well kept efficiency. Plenty of room to spread out and relax (or crash from driving all day). The morning brought the biggest surprise of all. The famous free hot breakfast that we have come to expect from the Hampton was the best ever. Ample staff assisted guests, cleaned up, and chatted with guests all morning. The food was cleanly displayed and always fresh. I made several trips down from the room over the course of the morning (the kids wanted to watch cartoons) and there was never a time that there wasn't someone there to help if needed. Huge thank you to the staff, as this made the morning flow very well.

The grounds and approach to the building were well kept and felt secure. They even had a night guard making his rounds in the parking lot when we arrived at 2 am.

Very nice property to recharge the batteries and finish our trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great employees and service. Excellent location:) Good breakfast and love the newly renovated lobby. Very pleasant employees. Nice large lobby and breakfast area. non-smoking environment. Very accommodating clerk at check in.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Every thing was very clean. Staff were friendly and nice. And the security was there at all times riding parking area and in hotel. Breakfast was fresh and hot. Overall this hotel was Marvelous and yes I will stay aqain and again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Internet was down hotel-wide. So, no inroom wireless, and very limited in the business center. No pay per view or on demand movies. This was an issue because we had promised the kids a movie instead of going out to do something else. Then were unable to do so. Not a huge deal, but frustrating. Breakfast was your standard fare, but the hot items were below average in quality. Clean, furnishings seemed newer, bed was hard (but that is subjective), price seemed a little high at $129/night

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very poor customer service. Do not acknowledge their top tier members. Rooms are not clean. I have stayed here many times over the past year, and the staff doesn't even know who I am. They are not friendly and care little about regular customers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn at Wolfchase Galleria for only one night, but I will absolutely stay again when I return to Memphis. I was there over the weekend for a family member's wedding, so I didn't get a chance to really enjoy the hotel. However, for the time spent there, they made a wonderful impression on me. The front desk clerks were very accommodating with me checking in earlier than the usual 4 p.m.check-in time (I had to be at the wedding by 6). The room I had was a double bed, non smoking. It was surprisingly roomy, so much so that I was able to inflate my nephew's inflatable bed and we had no problems navigating the room. Additionally, the room was clean, bedding linens were fresh and the bathroom was fully stocked! The beds were super soft as well as the pillows. I also had my 71 year old mother with me, so they put us in a first floor room, which is awesome because she can't do stairs or a lot of walking. Located on the first floor is the pool and workout center. Both are rather small, but would certainly suffice during non-peak travel periods.
Best part of my stay, the employees were super nice! Everyone of them spoke to me as I passed by in the hall. Even the room attendant thanked us for coming and asked us to return. I didn't get her name, but she did mention that she was a 15 year employee. I think that says a lot about her and the company she works for.
They keep complimentary snacks (fruit and cookies) in the lobby during the afternoon and evenings. The continental breakfast is really a full scale breakfast. They had various omelets, turkey sausage (important to me because I do not eat pork or beef), seasoned potatoes, waffles, fresh cut fruit, fresh fruit, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, hard boiled eggs, homemade biscuits, etc. The food tasted great and employees were working to keep everything stocked and fresh. The hotel is located on the grounds of Wolfchase Galleria, so you can walk to some of the stores. The full mall with all the major department stores is on the other side of Germantown Road, so you may have to drive to get to Macys, etc., but the hotel is in an excellent spot! Lots of food choices, lots to do in that area in walking distance. It is a superb value as well. I was fully expecting to spend double what I paid for one night, considering how close this hotel is to all the shopping areas, etc. As I said before, I loved my short stay here, and plan to stay again for a longer visit when I come back to Memphis!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My friends and I found this to be a great location. It was convenient to all of the attractions, and located near shopping and restaurants. We felt safe in the area. The facility was clean and well maintained. Can't beat the Hampton breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!