Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. It is very clean. The breakfast was fantastic, with excellent omelets, breakfast meats, oatmeal, and grits. The waffels are wonderful and there is a nice selection of fruits and juices. It is in a nice central location, near chain restaurants and the Wolfchase Mall is right accross the street.. I would highly reccommend this hotel. The rooms were neat and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I will be visiting Memphis often to see my daughter and I will try to stay at this hotel again. It has a great location with shopping, movies and plenty of restaurants near. The interstate is close to the hotel but not too close that you hear the noise.

We arrived very late and at first there wasn't anyone at the counter. When she did come out it looked like she had been asleep. She did do a great job checking us in quickly and was very pleasant.

The room met all of the requirments of a Hampton Inn. The property is well taken care of and the breakfast was plentyful. Each morning there was a different egg and meat choice from the day before. I don't really like the turkey link sausage that you find at Hampton Inn's but that was the only complaint I would have about the food. It was cold so it was great that they had coffee and hot chocolate all day long. They also have cookies, mints and fruit during the day for a pick up and go snack.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton recently because it was close to a wedding we were attending. The check in process was easy. The hotel lobby is nice enough. The parking lot is always full later at night so you have to park far away from the main door.

We had a King Room, not sure if it was a suite or not (my husband booked it) but it looked and felt like one! Nice big living room area with a small kitchen, no stove but a microwave, full fridge and sink! Small dining table. Room seperates from the king bedroom area, which is nice but I wished the actual bathroom had been a bit bigger, just hard to move around in the small space.

Our room, for some reason, had a weird smell to it. Couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was but it wasn't overwhelming, just annoying.

The TV's are not HD, which I would have expected for a Hampton and this area of town. The Wifi is AWFUL. So slow, I'm just glad we didn't have to pay for it!

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows are small. I wish hotels would supply bigger pillows but that's just a personal preference.

Great location as far as shopping, restaurants, etc. Not somewhere to stay and get a Memphis experience but perfect for us. I needed a coat so I just took a SHORT drive to the mall and was in an out within an hour.

If you're just looking for a place to lay your head, this is as good as any of them! I've stayed in nicer hotels but I would stay here again, and hopefully get a better smelling room!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

After a long day, I got to the hotel around 5:30PM and once i got to my room turned on the AC unit after unpacking, and waited 20 minutes for it not to work. When calling to the frontdesk they basically told me they had no maintenance engineer on staff at that time and i would have to move. No Offer to come bring me a key or help me move, had to lug everything back down to first level and get new key and room. In the new room i went to plug my phone in beside the nightstand, thankfully I looked because out of the wall hanging was a telephone junction patch with exposed wires.
The follow up call from the manager the next day was rhidiculous, no apology, didnt sound sincere about me having an issue or even listening to the customer, just basically said we dont have the hours to have an engineer on staff at those times. Thankfully i wasnt stuck in the elevator.

Room Tip: Be careful before booking here
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Room was nice and clean, housekeeping did an excellent job. Overall the property was very well maintained. The breakfast was decent, with different options each morning. Nice neighborhood, lots of options for dining out and shopping.
Three minor negatives. Wifi was very slow. TV was not HD. No fridge or microwave. I would recommend upgrading to the full suite. Would be worth it for the kitchen appliances.

Room Tip: Consider the upgrade to a full suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChuckL50
Reviewed January 4, 2013

When we arrived the first night, a neighboring guest wished us, "good luck" because he had something taken from his room. The next day, my wife had a housekeeper burst in to our room without even knocking. She chalked it up to rude behavior. Later, we discovered that an article of clothing taken from our room. The night manager was kind enough to check the laundry. We raised the issue to the manager the next day - Ms King - the best she would manage is that it must have been a mistake. Forgive me, but I believe that taking without permission is technically theft. Until they solve their staffing problems, I would recommend that you steer clear of the Hampton Memphis Wolfchase Galleria.

Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank TB P
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great Hampton, love the suite rooms. Very close to many restaurants and close to interstate. I stay in Memphis at least once a month and now only stay at this location. It is a drive to get to downtown Memphis but its worth the drive to stay in an area thats safe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OTR67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!