“A "Bit" Expensive??”

Holiday Inn Express Yankton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Yankton
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I usually stay at this Holiday Inn Express when I am in the Yankton area on business & have always gotten a decent price when staying there. When other reviewers say this hotel is a "bit expensive" - they should say "VERY expensive" for this part of the country, in the winter months, with no major events going on.
I was quoted $159 for a room. (I believe last time I got a room for $100). That is totally insane! Needless to say - I didn't stay. I stayed at the Days Inn which was a great, clean, comfortable hotel for $75 - half the amount. I'm not sure why this Holiday Inn Express has gotten so expensive, but for what they charge, I won't be back. Another option: travel to the Sioux City/South Sioux City area hotels where you can still get a great room for under $100.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yankton, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Omahatraveler17,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I appreciate your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay at many Holiday Inns across the country and this one is an average operation. Reasonably well run and clean. The staff is nice and the breakfast area is well kept. A bit more expensive than similar operations but I like knowing what to expect when I arrive and need to get down to work. This place also has a workout room and pool. Restarunants are right nearby.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms in the front but not much traffice noise in the back.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoy staying at this hotel on business trips. Rooms are clean, breakfast is good and service is helpful. The breakfast is the typical HI Express, with a hot dish (usually eggs, cheese omelet, or biscuits and gravy) with sausage (link or patty) along with breads, rolls, yogurt and other side choices. Rooms have pillow-top beds that provide a great nights sleep. Have not had a problem with noise, rooms have provided a quite environment. Would recommend staying in this hotel if you are in the Yankton area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is by all means a decent and well kept Holiday Inn. It is a bit on the expensive side. Nice clean rooms, decent breakfast, small indoor pool. It is within walking distants of JoDeans resturatant so when you are done eating to much you can walk it off on the way back to the hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I travel quite a bit and the room was average at best. Nothing to get excited about. I could also hear the person's tv from the neighboring room.

On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

A side note about Yankton, SD: If you have Sprint mobile phone service, you will be dissapointed. Yankton has ZERO Sprint towers and zero Sprint mobile phone service. Luckily, I could receive free incoming calls to my room (I would be charged if I called out).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yankton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Paul J,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced with the noise form other guests. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located, clean and has a great pool. The staff is friendly and helpful. They were extremely cooperative when we needed rooms for a funeral recently. And the breakfast is great!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed in a suite for 6 nights and were very comfortable. The only night it wasn't quiet was the first one and it was other guests making noise. A large group of young men stayed in the room across the hall from us and partied until 1:00AM. My husband was trying to sleep, since he had to go to work early in the morning.
My only other problem was that they only had one washer and one dryer {for 90 rooms}. Considering that they have an indoor pool, you'd think they would offer guests a way to dry off their swimsuits. Since we are living on the road I needed to do some laundry. The washing machine didn't work, so I told the girl at the desk. She called the handyman and he came and said he didn't have a key for it. The blond girl wrote an "out of order" post it note and stuck it on the machine. There~problem solved! Meanwhile, I hand washed my clothes and used the dryer for drying them. When I left 5 days later, the washing machine was still out of order. If you stay here and need clean clothes~good luck!

Room Tip: There is an elevator, so any room would be a good one. The rooms facing the western side were quiete...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yankton
Best Western Kelly Inn
#4 of 7 in Yankton
Lewis & Clark Resort
Lewis & Clark Resort
#4 of 4 in Yankton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yankton? Share your experiences!