“Last Minute Trip”

Holiday Inn Express Yankton
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Yankton
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Decided to take a last minute trip to the Yankton Area to take advantge of the lake at Lewis and Clark park. There didn't seem to be many lodging choices and decided on the Holiday Inn Express. It was a good choice, with Friendly staff, clean rooms, and updated accomodations. The Holiday Inn is about 4 miles to the lake and traffic isn't much of a concern. While we passed many stires and places to eat and settled decided to have dinner at Marabels which is located at the nearby Best Western. Marabels had a wonderful menu and we returned the next morning for brunch.
Holiday Inn fails to let us down and the Yankton HIE was wonderful. We satyed here for 2 nights using rewards points and this was not a dissappointment. The desk clerk also upgraded us to a King Suite room complete with jacuzzi when we asked.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EnjoyingLifeAgain

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Great place, got in late, very helpful. Clean, well run, very hospitable. Could not have asked more from this place. We went late for the breakfast, staff went to back room and got our kids food, allowed for late check out. Could not have asked for more!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The most impresive aspect of this hotel is definitely the staff. The Front desk staff was really helpful and friendly. I girl called cristina called me to my room a few hours after my check in to check if I was pleased with my room. She recommended an excellent restaurant explained to me how to get there. I was really pleased with the hotel overall. A highlight during the breakfast: They have an automatic pancake maker that saves you the trouble and the mess with tme pancake mix. The only thing that can be improved but it is not their fault, My GPS locates the hotel like two miles away from where it really is. Breakfast, parking, staff all of em excellent.

Room Tip: 3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We checked in Saturday evening June 4th, I explained to the young lady on duty that I needed a room very close to a door as my husband could not walk far. She kindly did some rearranging of assigned rooms to accomadate us. She was a delight and soooo professional. She is truly a welcome change from the other desk clerks we encountered on extened weekend. The room was sparkling clean, the sheets and towels wereso white and lovely. Just a GREAT STAY. THANK YOU

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Thank s.d.granny
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights for a family get together in Yankton. I have stayed here before, but my wife and 4 kids had not. Other family members also stayed here in other rooms. This hotel has to be the nicest in Yankton. The rooms are clean and comfy. The breakfast is good, like most HI Express Hotels. They even had a happy hour in the evening. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This is the best hotel in Yankton. Newer property and right on the main drag. Rooms were very nice, beds are heavenly with 4 pillows. Large bathroom and lots of water pressure. Microwave and fridge in the room and also a couch and coffee table. The room we had on 3rd floor overlooked a golf course. The pool was a little chilly but felt good after walking in the heat. The whirlpool was just right. Breakfast was like any other free breakfast. Maybe a little pricey, but I think it was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2010

This hotel is typical of the newer HI Express style. Rooms are clean, lobby is comfortable and beds are fine. My one complaint, and it is a huge one - you can hear EVERYTHING in the room next door: TV, alarm clock, radio, normal level conversations, phone conversations, water running, dresser drawers opening and closing, as well as the TV across the hall, doors closing, people walking in corridor, people walking in the room above you or corridor upstairs. My colleague complained that he heard snoring all night from the room next to his!

It's beyond me why a new hotel would skimp on sound insulation between rooms and to the corridor. Very challenging for business travelers to sleep. This is my 3rd stay in this same hotel, and I've had the same complaint every time.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yankton
Best Western Kelly Inn
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 7 in Yankton
The Riverfront Event Center & Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Yankton? Share your experiences!