“friday night” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Yankton
Sioux Falls
“friday night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visiting son at Lewis & Clark boy scout camp. Service good. Thunder storm in morning and was helpful with travel advice

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Yanktondi, General Manager at Days Inn Yankton SD, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your response,we are thrilled to know u enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here for work. The room was average- it was clean and had a fridge and a microwave. The biggest complaint I have- the Internet was so weak that it was practically impossible to connect to it and this was especially inconvenient since I could not work on anything in the hotel as was originally planned. There was construction going on in the lobby which made breakfast very crowded. There were also no signs in the halls showing which way to rooms which made it difficult to find your room and the front desk clerk was not very helpful in explaining how to find it either as they have a new addition down a separate hallway. Not a terrible hotel, but numerous issues that should be addressed by management.

• Stayed May 2013
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Yanktondi, General Manager at Days Inn Yankton SD, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We welcome all constructive criticism,as it helps us to get better. Thank you from all the staff at Days Inn.
Pierre, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

First of all, I will say that they have free wi-fi and a swimming pool. Also, our room had a microwave and fridge.

That's about the best I can say.

Upon check-in, my impressions were less than stellar, mostly because the night clerk was watching "World's Dumbest" on Tru.tv. Personally I don't care what people like to watch, but in a "professional" workplace, it wasn't the best choice. Plus, I was standing in line waiting to be checked in, so, it wasn't as if it was down-time. She could have simply turned off the TV or at least muted the sound, so it wouldn't draw attention. There was also a very odd sign dominating the counter warning people against using their debit cards - that they would be at risk for additional charges or something. It was incredibly off-putting - as I had never heard of such major issues before.

The hotel front "lobby" was undergoing renovations/construction. There was a dusty computer station that was prominent in the room with 2x4 frames and I had the distinct feeling to make sure that the kids didn't run around without shoes. This made the continental breakfast nook feel even smaller than necessary - to the point that kids could barely walk around each other. The second morning of our stay, I opted to get food for my family at the local HyVee.

In the swimming pool, there is also a hot tub, and one of the janitoral closets was actually an open shower for people to use - I'm assuming as such, but I didn't see anyone use it. However, no towels were made available in the pool area itself -- you had to go to the front desk each time. If there was only one clerk working (which was all I encountered) the person had to leave their station to go to the open laundry room to give you your requested towels.

The Room. I truly do not like the fact that I'm being so picky, but there were smudges all over the walls. The rest of the room was fair - average -- beds made nicely, sink area clean, etc. The towels could do with replacing, though.

Overall, it's a fair/average hotel to stay at should the one you really prefer is already booked solid. Would I stay here again? I'm going to have to really think on that.

We welcome all constructive criticism,as it only helps us get better. Thank you from all the staff at Days Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yankton
BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn
#3 of 7 in Yankton
Lewis & Clark Resort
Lewis & Clark Resort
#2 of 3 in Yankton

Been to Days Inn Yankton SD? Share your experiences!