Days Inn Yankton SD
Travelocity
$79
$77
$112
All reviewsbusiness stayovernight stopbreakfast selectionplace to stayfront desk clerknice roombed was comfortableone night staystaff was friendlysouth dakotafuneralsdreclinerinternetmicrowavepetsrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Upon arrival we were advised that the hotel was overbooked and referred to a transient establishment down the street where we were forced to stay because of time constraints . The young man at the desk was flustered and unable to provide me with any corporate contact information . Upon check in the following day it was determined that a number of people were subjected to the overbooking because of special Olympic guests but compensation was random . The too at the recommended hotel did not have a functional bathroom . A terrible weekend .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
2  Thank Jacqui B
Yanktondi, General Manager at Days Inn Yankton SD, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Your comments are very helpful, it only helps us to get better. We hope to seen you back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Family gathering to celebrate a century in birthdays for a grandma. Room was small but ok because of the price. The hotel seemed clean, but no customer service except for the lady at the desk the morning we left on 3-3-13. She had mentioned she was part time but may I suggest to the owner that they make her a full timer and possibly the manager along with giving the other employees a giant lesson in customer service or finding others in and around the Yankton SD area that need a job more than the employees we encountered.

We needed an extra blanket the first night of our stay and according to the front desk the hotel did not have any extra blankets. That seems strange, I would think a hotel would have an extra blanket or two laying around. So we went out and grabbed the travel blankets from the car and made do for the night.
The next morning we asked a house keeping employee and she pulled an extra off her cart and gave it to us. However, when we got back to the hotel at 5pm housekeeping had not cleaned the room. No big deal we just continued to overload trash in extra bags because we were leaving the next morning anyhow.
We got back at 9pm and finally had time to hit the pool and hot tub for an hour before the pool closes. I guess directly at 10, there is no clock in there, the front desk lady came in and announced, "Ok time for everybody to get out." No warning, no clock, no smile no class.So with a little moaning and groaning we got out and went for a towel to dry off and I mean a towel to dry off because there was only one. We asked if there were anymore towels and she said no that was it and stood there watching the four of us, my wife, myself and two sons try to dry off with the one towel. By this time I knew she was just thinking we would say ok and walk out but I let her stand there only a couple feet from us with my family saying "we can dry off in the room, or lets just go" and I said "No, we will use this one towel and dry off here, I have never heard of a hotel that didn't have anymore towels. Then all of a sudden she asked nicely, "Can I get you some more room towels?" We told her that that would be great.
She got the towels and the rest is history. We left the next morning.
A smile, some courtesy, an ounce of customer service would have went a long way but the way this lady and another one or two we encountered made it seem that we should be grateful that they let us stay there.
There were a few more personal opinions of unprofessional customer care but no need to go there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We take all comments and try to make a change for your future stays. Thank you.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was a little apprehensive to stay here after reading some of the reviews, but as another reviewer mentioned, there is very limited lodging in Yankton. The Holiday Inn Express has raised their prices tremendously to the point that I won't/can't stay there any longer. The Kelly Inn location is not where I want to be, plus I had a bad experience there once also.

My next choice was the Days Inn. My room has been updated, the beds are good, pillows are good, heating/cooling works good & isn't noisy. I didn't hear anything all nite long. And this room was very clean (no hair or dirty towels lying around as another poster stated). Apparently they have listed to the bad reviews! The only negative I could find is there aren't enough plug-ins if you plan on working. You may need to bring an extension cord, which I have learned to do as it seems to be a common problem in hotels. This isn't a 4 star hotel, don't expect that, but for the price, its a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Omahatraveler17

Thank you for your comments, we would like to welcome you back on your next trip.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Yankton has very limited lodging choices. The Holiday Inn Express has inflated prices and the Kelly Inn based off of past stays in not a good value. They have put some work into updating this motel since we last stayed here, but there is still a lot of work to be done. There are smoking rooms at this property and unfortunately the cigarette smoke smell isn't contained in just those rooms. You can smell it in the hallways and through out the entire building. The rooms are adequate, but in some serious need of updating. I would suggest bringing your own pillow as the ones supplied are small and not very comfortable. The beds are economy beds at best. The pool and spa area are nice. The spa is large and comfortable. A very small breakfast area makes it difficult in the mornings. It is a very basic breakfast (cold cereal, waffles, and pastries). If your budget allows, the Holiday Inn Express is probably a better choice, but for economy stays, the Days Inn will suffice.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the east side of the building to avoid Highway 81 and the semi's.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family