“Nice place”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Winner
SPEARFISH
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have always stayed here when traveling on business. Clean room, very nice microwave and fridge. And very friendly staff and great Wifi which I really need when I travel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
san diego, ca
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Super 8 is in a very nice location in Winner, easy to reach. The room was very clean and cool, a very welcome relief to the hot weather outside. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. I slept very well.

The hotel owner/manager was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was offered although I only had time to take a cup of coffee with me. Real cream is always an indicator to me of a thoughtful hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the back side, very quiet. Not sure if the front rooms are more noisy since W...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Denny, the owner/operator, was great. We were greeted with a smile and he personally showed us our room. We had booked ahead and he took the time to make sure our room was cool when we got there. The beds were new and comfortable. The room was clean and quiet. For us, Denny and his family really did make our stay a good one. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxnard, California, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Everything was clean and tidy! Laundry was available and breakfast in AM. What got me was that the whole place was fixed up well, not run down and as you can imagine, price was reasonable. No burns on bedding! Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
shelbyville
Reviewed April 15, 2012

nice place to stay in winner.nice and big room .super clean. hot breakfast Good place to stay
hunters

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Wenatchee
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We paid $130 a night for a room worth $39 a night. I'm not one to complain and I certainly wasn't expecting much but I was expecting far better than this. I have trouble believing the Super-8 chain is willing to accept this place.

I understand rates will be higher during pheasant season, but this room would be marginal at half the cost. To give a reference, on the drive here we stayed in Wallace, Idaho and Billings, Montana. Both rooms were far nicer and one was $50 a night and the other $90.

This place has no charm and is worn out.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank JohnnySong
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Nothing fancy here but it meets the requirements. For $59 I got a clean quiet room. The TV was big, worked and had a hundred cable channels. High speed Internet worked with no problems. Bathroom was clean. Shower was hot. Bed was big and sheets were clean. There was even a recliner. I didn't bother with breakfast, opting for the McDonalds down the street over cold cereal at the Super 8.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank TheTimMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winner
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Winner
Warrior Inn Motel
Warrior Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Winner
Gray House Motel
Gray House Motel
#1 of 2 in Gregory

Been to Super 8 Winner SD? Share your experiences!