“No hot water in the evening”

Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center
Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was disappointed when the water in my room was barely lukewarm every evening. For the price I was paying I feel that I could at least have hot water. The noise in the hallway outside my room kept me up all night. The people were nice but the hotel was not worth what I paid for it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hedhead
42039wtn, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

I am so sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. I did have our maintenance department do checks on all of the hot water heaters and everything is running properly.

While we do love our atrium area for the beautiful plants and seating areas, it does have the effect of helping sound carry and as guests are going through the halls to their rooms, they often are unaware their voices carry as they do.

Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate them and will do everything in our power to make sure your next stay is enjoyable.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stopped here on a road trip-room quiet, comfortable, front desk staff professional & friendly. Restaurant offered great entrees-not disappointed. Pool area overrun by children who were part of a wedding celebration/party-fun for them. Not for the rest of us regular hotel guests.

Room Tip: We chose to check out since breakfast was being served before we had to check out
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Ramkota Hotel for your stay. We hope on your next visit you have a better opportunity for relaxing in the pool and game area. We are also pleased that you enjoyed Minervas Restaurant, we are so happy to have full service offering right here onsite.

We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit to Watertown!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The facility and restaurant are very nice and the staff is pleasant and helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool, especially sliding down the giant frog's tongue. Only a few minutes to anywhere you need to go. The hostess at the restaurant was a wonderful gal that made you feel welcomed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay. We appreciate hearing from our guests and look forward to your next visit! That good old frog has created lots of memories for kids young and old!

See you again soon,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I thought the front desk clerk was not very friendly. She was not rude but she was just kind of there. I had trouble with my key and had to go back to the front desk to get into my room, with all of my bags and she told me to lift up, that some of the doors were like that. (would have been nice to know initially that I may have to do that so I did not have to carry my bags all the way back down). Restarurant: only buffett in the am, wanted carry out/room service as I did not have time to go downstairs to eat so I didn't get to eat breakfast because I had planned my am around grabbing something there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Staci,

I am so sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. I have visited with our front desk staff and while I am not sure just which person it was, we will do our best to keep attitudes in check. Regarding the restaurant, I believe the buffet was to help speed up breakfast because of the number or guests in house. Normally it is order what you wish.

We hope to see you again on a future visit to Watertown.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed in this property in November. Very few complaints about the hotel; only inconvenience was the location - hotel is on the west edge of town, while most dining/shopping options are located on the east side closer to the interstate. As a property itself, the hotel was a good value and had no issues with the stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
42039wtn, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the response regarding your stay, we enjoy hearing from our guests directly and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we will be your hotel of choice on return visits to Watertown!

I know it doesn't feel like it on the thermometer, but Spring has arrived! Give us a call if you are planning a little getaway! We would enjoy seeing you again!

Happy May Day!
Deb Stanley, General Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had to book a last minute room in Watertown due to the interstate closing. The Ramkota had the most reasonable rate. My one complaint was they were WAY off the interstate - about 4 miles in, I believe.
I really liked the commons area outside of the hotel rooms. This was a nice seating area to talk to friends or get some work done on the computer, but not have to be sitting in the hotel room.
Bridgette checked us in and was very friendly. The bar staff was slammed by all the sudden guests due to weather but stayed upbeat. Housekeeping was keeping us up to speed on the weather. Deb, the manager helped us out the next morning and was soooooo helpful!
If the roads wouldn't have opened up, we were going to spend another night and would have been happy to be at the Ramkota again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
42039wtn, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I know the blizzard conditions had many like yourself needing room for one or even two nights. We were happy to be a warm and comfortable place for you out of the elements. We hope everyone arrived home safely and know that we are here and looking forward to seeing you again - it doesn't have to be a blizzard, perhaps bring the family for some summer fun in Watertown!

Thank you again for the response, we look forward to your next visit!
Deb Stanley - General Manager