Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center
$90
QualityInn
$74
$70
Days Inn Watertown(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$76
$149
Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Restaurant
$77
$65
  • Pool
All reviewsin towna great staypool and hot tubsdminerva
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What an amazing hotel! The decor was gorgeous. The rooms were clean and the staff was amazing. The rooms were very spacious and the internet connection was excellent. Don't forget to visit the Terry Redlin Museum. It is completely free and very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
42039wtn, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your very kind response - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again - remember there are many things to see and do in Watertown including our Bramble Park Zoo - which is celebrating it's 100th Birthday, the Mellette House and our wonderful Uptown Watertown which offers some great historical options and some fun shopping!

See you again soon!
Deb Stanley

Reviewed March 3, 2012

The Good: Solid Restaurant + Nice Meeting Rooms attached, nice pool and workout rooms.
The Bad: The decor in the rooms is outdated, the internet is spotty and the fixtures in the rooms are very cheap.

I have stayed at the Ramkota about 12 times over the course of 3 years. The staff are good, the facilites are very good but the rooms are barely average.

The overall facility is nice and roomy with atriums, color and live plants. The enclosed nature of the place with a good restaurant in the complex is very helpful since it gets darn cold in SD. The staff is good but not energetic on the whole. The pool and workout area are all that you could ask for in a mid-range hotel. The meeting rooms are excellent for the price and the area. Everything I have mentioned so far is better than what you would expect from the price point and area.

The problems are the actual guest rooms. In short they all needed to be remodeled a few years ago. The are a little shabby and threadbare. Internet service is hit and miss depending on the room. This last point is especially important since cell service is iffy in Watertown. All this said I only once have I had to ask for a new room.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
42039wtn, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Watertown Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

We want to thank you for submitting a review for our property after your recent stay. We truly appreciate hearing directly from our guests.

I wanted to address your comments about the guestrooms and the improvements we have made and those that are still coming - we have replaced all of the beds in the hotel to the new high profile, pillow top beds with new pillows, blankets, coverlets and throws and will soon be triple-sheeting the beds. We have replaced all of the seating in the rooms other than the sofa-beds in our kings, refinished our guest bathrooms with lovely granite vanities and lighting and the flat panel TV's will be arriving soon.

Our company believes in reinvesting in our hotel so that your experience is comfortable and relaxing. Some of the improvements are not glamorous such as the window replacement we are doing now, but it is still vital for the hotel. We also are upgrading the wifi system and adding a few more hubs for better signal strength.

Again, thank you for your comments, we continually strive to be better. We thank you for your business and hope you will continue to visit when you are in Watertown.

Deb Stanley, General Manager
BEST WESTERN Ramkota Hotel - Watertown

Reviewed April 23, 2010

Our organization filled the entire property in April. We were totally pleased with the facility. Their friendly staff went the extra mile to make our stay very enjoyable!! Don't hesitate to stay here!! Beds are very comfortable. Slept best we ever have in a hotel. Quiet at night with a great restaurant and event center attached. We experienced NONE of the negatives described in the other reviews.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Traveled twice to this hotel for a local conference with a colleague. This hotel was surprisingly nice and clean. There is a bar and restaurant attached to the hotel, as well as a conference center. The hotel is located near "town", with restaurants and shopping centers nearby. At the same time, it is only steps away from rural SD, with many pheasant hunters staying at the hotel as well. Dogs were allowed, and it was nice to see so many hunting dogs in a hotel! I would recomment this place to both casual visitors of the area, as well as hunters. The Terry Redlin art museum is also in the area, which sells his beautiful paintings and other Terry Redlin merchandise.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I grew up in Watertown and regularly travel back to visit my Mother. I haven't stayed at the Ramkota in at least three years, with good reason. It USED to be a nice place but has fallen into disrepair and sloppy service. When my Mom was in the hospital a few years ago I spent close to a thousand dollars on a several night stay. On the next to last day, I left a few bags of trash on the floor next to the garbage can with a nice note that said, "Trash, please take. Thanks." I'm talking three of those little plastic bags you get with your groceries, nothing major or objectionable. The person who cleaned my room did not take them. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, It took an hour for someome to come down and get the trash and they were not nice about having to do it.
That is just one example of the things that went wrong during my stay.

My husband and I now stay at one of two hotels in Watertown, The Holiday Inn Express on east 212 or The Traveler's Inn on 9th Ave SE. Both provide clean rooms and great staff. Hope this helps the next traveler avoid a costly mistake.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo