“Rooms were filthy”

and 1 more site!
Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Came in from Oklahoma. 12 hours of driving. Checked in to room on first floor, right next to our other party staying there. First room had what appeared to be dog hair in the bath tub, and a splatter of feces in the toilet. Room didn't look like it had been vacuumed. Bathroom vanity and mirror also in messy disarray. We went to front desk to tell them of the issue. They had their courtesy van driver take us to the room next to the dirty room, which he said was just as dirty as the first. They ended up putting us on the 2nd floor, nowhere near our other traveling party. Stayed for 2 nights. I asked the front desk to compensate us for one night's stay for having us run all over the hotel with several heavy bags in tow trying to find a clean room. The front desk lady looked at me like I was an alien and told me to come back.

I liked the Casino, however, their slots are very very tight. The Casino staff was very friendly and nice.

The beds really need to be updated, they were like sleeping on a brick. For the price, it would be nice to have an indoor or outdoor pool and hot tub.

Overall, I would stay here again, only if I wasn't paying for the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joslyn T

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The camping facilities here are very good for those who do not require a full hookup. The area is well lit and all paved and far enough away from the action you can get a good nite sleep. We were here during a motorcycle give away and concert and had no problems. It is first come first served, but the price is right (free). Food was good, had electric hook up, people were very friendly and we even won some $$$. Watertown is a nice area and has most everything we needed.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank rvlifeisgood
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Front desk staff very friendly, both check-in and out. Rooms were not bad, carpet was ok, spots on it, like coffee stains. Surprisingly quiet even though room was on the front near the parking lot. Comfortable bed, mostly clean bathroom, could use some paint and someone had scribbled on the bathroom door with a pen. Overall clean, price was good. Check with Player's Club to get room discounts. Ate at the restaurant, probably the worst part of the stay. Staff could barely be bothered to help you. Food was ok. Casino was clean, not a lot of people playing, but it was during the week. Never saw anyone win much, not sure that I would make the trip there just to gamble. But it was a good place to stay overnight.

Room Tip: Check with the Players Club for room discounts
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAURIE D
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on a Friday night, basically because there were no rooms to be had in Watertown (about a 10 minute drive). The location of the casino makes it seem desolate, and if you are not a gambler that can't handle second hand smoke, the casino part will not impress.

The hotel side, however, was impressive - the rooms were clean, quiet, and the beds clean and comfortable. My sister and I were both (surprisingly) impressed, and had a good nights sleep. There is no provided breakfast; you need to head to the casino's restaurant for anything besides coffee and oj.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LindaJ-SD
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Traveled for work. We found this place on the internet and it seemed to have some great midweek specials. $120 for two people. $40 back in cash to play in the casino. $20 dollar food voucher, and a couple drink tickets.. so net it out. two people for about 50 dollars in a nice hotel. Clean property, Comfortable beds, We had the two steak dinner for 20 dollars, and both of us enjoyed the steak and the extras.

Casino is small but very nice. All the dealers where friendly.

Overall.. no complaints with this place. i would stay again. It is about 4 miles west of I29

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to be the same.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank amorace
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We always enjoy stopping here when we are in the area! My husband and I stumbled upon this place while driving around South Dakota one summer day. It's literally in the middle of a cornfield! What a nice surprise for what would have been an otherwise boring day. My husband played live poker with the all the very handsome local men and had a fantastic time! Lots of good humored banter going on. I played video poker and penny slots. I felt like the games bonused often and I had a very good time playing. The bar had a live country band and people were two-stepping and having a wonderful time. Drinks aren't comped for gamblers, but drinks were very reasonably priced, about 3-4 bucks each. Smoking is allowed. Hotel room was very nice and comfortable. All the employees are extremely friendly and helpful and act happy that you came! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Greta F
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently stay at Dakota Casino on a 2 day business trip to Watertown. I found the hotel to be great, the beds were comfortable and they left me a nice chocolate when my room was cleaned. Nice Touch! Very reasonably priced! I did gamble a little bit and won some but lost more but that is expected. The only area in the casino that needs huge improvement is the food in the restaurant/buffet, on my first night I ordered a steak medium, which came to me well done. After a 20 minute wait I finally got my steak (not medium). The staff seemed very passive and not really interested that I was waiting so long for food that had been sent back. Bad for business! On my second night i decided to pass on a steak due to the exprience from the night before and opted for a roast beef combo. This was delivered quickly and looked very delicious but the gravy was very salty and the roast beef had a old taste to it, strike two! I would recommend staying at Dakota Sioux, all of their hotel staff was very nice and helpful but if you can go to watertown to eat, you will save yourself money by passing up bad food and a little bit of patience on the unimpressive service. Im not giving them a chance at strike three.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business