“Casino hotel worth staying there”

and 1 more site!
Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Front desk staff very friendly, both check-in and out. Rooms were not bad, carpet was ok, spots on it, like coffee stains. Surprisingly quiet even though room was on the front near the parking lot. Comfortable bed, mostly clean bathroom, could use some paint and someone had scribbled on the bathroom door with a pen. Overall clean, price was good. Check with Player's Club to get room discounts. Ate at the restaurant, probably the worst part of the stay. Staff could barely be bothered to help you. Food was ok. Casino was clean, not a lot of people playing, but it was during the week. Never saw anyone win much, not sure that I would make the trip there just to gamble. But it was a good place to stay overnight.

Room Tip: Check with the Players Club for room discounts
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAURIE D

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here on a Friday night, basically because there were no rooms to be had in Watertown (about a 10 minute drive). The location of the casino makes it seem desolate, and if you are not a gambler that can't handle second hand smoke, the casino part will not impress.

The hotel side, however, was impressive - the rooms were clean, quiet, and the beds clean and comfortable. My sister and I were both (surprisingly) impressed, and had a good nights sleep. There is no provided breakfast; you need to head to the casino's restaurant for anything besides coffee and oj.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LindaJ-SD
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Traveled for work. We found this place on the internet and it seemed to have some great midweek specials. $120 for two people. $40 back in cash to play in the casino. $20 dollar food voucher, and a couple drink tickets.. so net it out. two people for about 50 dollars in a nice hotel. Clean property, Comfortable beds, We had the two steak dinner for 20 dollars, and both of us enjoyed the steak and the extras.

Casino is small but very nice. All the dealers where friendly.

Overall.. no complaints with this place. i would stay again. It is about 4 miles west of I29

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to be the same.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank amorace
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We always enjoy stopping here when we are in the area! My husband and I stumbled upon this place while driving around South Dakota one summer day. It's literally in the middle of a cornfield! What a nice surprise for what would have been an otherwise boring day. My husband played live poker with the all the very handsome local men and had a fantastic time! Lots of good humored banter going on. I played video poker and penny slots. I felt like the games bonused often and I had a very good time playing. The bar had a live country band and people were two-stepping and having a wonderful time. Drinks aren't comped for gamblers, but drinks were very reasonably priced, about 3-4 bucks each. Smoking is allowed. Hotel room was very nice and comfortable. All the employees are extremely friendly and helpful and act happy that you came! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Greta F
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I recently stay at Dakota Casino on a 2 day business trip to Watertown. I found the hotel to be great, the beds were comfortable and they left me a nice chocolate when my room was cleaned. Nice Touch! Very reasonably priced! I did gamble a little bit and won some but lost more but that is expected. The only area in the casino that needs huge improvement is the food in the restaurant/buffet, on my first night I ordered a steak medium, which came to me well done. After a 20 minute wait I finally got my steak (not medium). The staff seemed very passive and not really interested that I was waiting so long for food that had been sent back. Bad for business! On my second night i decided to pass on a steak due to the exprience from the night before and opted for a roast beef combo. This was delivered quickly and looked very delicious but the gravy was very salty and the roast beef had a old taste to it, strike two! I would recommend staying at Dakota Sioux, all of their hotel staff was very nice and helpful but if you can go to watertown to eat, you will save yourself money by passing up bad food and a little bit of patience on the unimpressive service. Im not giving them a chance at strike three.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank L J
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Casino is difficult to find. The food was just OK. However, the hotel manager is probably the worse individual I had ever met. She was rude, disrespectful, inconsiderate, and clearly under-educated. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay in town and drive the 8 miles. The Hotel Manager alone is a single reason to never stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank FrequentTraveler715
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed here with a friend on a hunting trip. The room was clean, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. It is several miles out of town, and can be difficult to find. The food is ok, just not really good. Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo