“Do Not Go!”

Dining options: Seating
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Do Not Go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had a wonton and egg roll, managed to choke the cold bland food down, then got rice and noodles, took two bites and just gave up, it was cold and awful! It was not worth trying anymore. The $19 something dollars for two meals (plus tip which I paid ahead) and the equivalent of half a plate of food between us both, and the ensuing stomach ache that followed was definitely not worth it!!! Thank goodness we quit when we did, I cannot imagine how awful we would both feel had we actually eaten a lot of the food there.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Stephanie L

south dakota
“Pass on this one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here up we like Chinese buffets. When we arrived there was no staff around to greet u. When the cold attitude lady appeared she didn't even smile. All she said was $19.80 and held out her hand. She already had $.20 in her other hand I felt like I was in a cattle shoot getting worked over. No smile, no direction on where to go or even to sit down. She just took our money and disappeared as fast as she appeared. So bewildered and hungry we fumbled our way to a table and started our meal. The food was cold and marginal. While getting my plate the same woman was checking out the buffet and she literally pushed me out I the way. I realize that this is a buffet but "come on really!!!" It was just a very bad experience. I do not write reviews but I could not ignore this one. Steer clear of this place. Hopefull I not get sick like the previous reviews had.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank switch88
Watertown, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've had Chinese buffets in 8 different states. I love Chinese cuisine. That being said, Green Emerald is the WORST excuse for a Chinese buffet I've ever had the displeasure to experience. The food quality is marginal at best even at open. The temperatures are not properly monitored. The 'hot' food is not as warm as it should be and the 'cold' food is barely above room temperature. I am quite surprised that no one has gotten ill after eating there. Additionally, the workers are completely indifferent and the female host, downright rude. I can not over express my distaste for this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Errol G
“Watertown's only Chinese buffet needs improvement!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes the food is hot and edible, sometimes.
The last time I ate here I ended up getting sick, and sadly, this has happened to us before. Some bad seafood gave my husband food poisoning a couple years ago.
Customer service is awful!

• Visited March 2013
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

If you like chewy mystery meat, dried out cold food and food poisining all at an average buffet price... This is the place for you! I have gone several times- I guess giving them "one more try"- and each time I was dissapointed. The last time I went I actually spent that night kneeling in my bathroom... Should have rented my meal instead of buying it! Go somewhere else.

• Visited July 2012