“not again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Goss Opera House

Goss Opera House
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Watertown
More attraction details
Owner description: The famous Goss Opera Hall provides a beautiful venue for concerts, weddings, and special events. Charley's Crossroads Bar is a unique concert area with a universal stage for many different types of acts and performances.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“not again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

we have not eaten here since the last time, a year ago, and was bad experience then so we thought we would tryagin after a year my wife didn't but I talked her into going weeellll.....lhasnt improved at all just like last time it was a sat. nite about 8:00 nobody else there but my wife and me sllooowww service waited and waited for our drinks while the bar was full in the other room with a womans howling laughter, was nauseating to say the least..we got our drinks after our salad and barley finished that when we got our food.she never came back to ask for another drink did I mention the laughter from the bar... ya... I think they were laughing at us for eating there......never again

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Roxy R
Patrick A, Manager at Goss Opera House, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Since your review, the Goss Opera House now has an entirely new team and we would love the opportunity to provide you the fantastic service you deserve. We'd encourage you to visit us again!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“been there done that never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Soup of the day chili. I've wanted to clone Hormel chili. Either they have cloned it or they served me out of a can. I'd guess the later. Reuben so dry. Where's the juice. Meet is sticking to my teeth. Did they forget the sauce. Oh by the way the bread is crunchy tearing up the roof of my mouth. For three days after the meal I have meat shreds hanging from my mouth cavities. Don't forget your coat, the place has no heat or very little. I expect that is to compensate for the lack of customers, they can't pay the bills.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank gweiide
Durham, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This is an amazing building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Check out the building that offers everything from a coffee house to great dining. The old opera house still stands and they even have an art exhibit.

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic restored 1889 building”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Seems like things are kinda' in disarray. I have been there many times - the opera house itself is fantastic - but the visiting experience not so great.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jan M
pierpont, sd
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I liked how they are renovating this cool old building. I also appreciated the exhibits they offered such as King Tut and the dinosaur exhibit. I took my students on a field trip to thse places. They also have a neat wildlife display on the main floor. Great gift shop.

1 Thank cheryl c