“A decent place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express Watertown
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Was in a good location. The price was right. Room was clean and comfortable. The kiddie area at the pool was nice but the actual pool was freezing cold and the hot tub was scalding hot. The waterslide was a blast though. The front desk was courteous and helpful. They served a really good breakfast also.

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear dakgypsies02,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. I will pass over you comments made to our Maintenance Manager in order to investigate further.

Regards,
Brenda J.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I found the hotel to be very clean and staff freindly. The maids in the morning smile and say hello when you walk down the hallway. Maintenance guy was always saying to have a nice day. The only problem I had was with the free breakfast. The decaf coffee was luke warm each morning so I would mix in the full leaded stuff to increase its temperature. I have a wheat, gluten and dairy allergy. The scrambled eggs are awful. The mini muffins are stale (suppose they were left overs from earlier in the week, i know they had gluten - I was hungry and desperate). There was nothing on the food buffet that I could eat because it contained gluten and dairy. There was no fruit available either day. I mentioned this to the front desk and was told there should have been - would have been nice if they would have apologized at least. I did not use any of the facilities while staying there so I am unable to comment on them. I just rented the room to have a place to sleep at night while I was in town for a funeral. do not book thru expedia as they are more expensive. I just researched this. I was in a rush (had less than 5 minutes to book) and googled the hotel as someone had recommended Holiday Inn Express. I thought I was booking directly with the hotel and when I checked in found out it was thru Expedia. They are more expensive than hotels.com and other travel websites.

Room Tip: I asked for a room that would not face the highway as I am a light sleeper. The put me at the end o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Roni L,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from the restaurant staff. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very poor experience. Hotel took advantage of the bad weather and overcharged us. The room was very minimalist, no refrigerator, microwave, or much of anything really. The "water park" is a complete joke. There is a water slide, however, it isn't open. There is no actual pool. There is a small kiddie play area and there is a wading pool and an small splash down puddle at the bottom of the slide. The wading pool was ice cold and looked brown. The hot tub was extremely hot and worked. Otherwise, the so called "water park" was terrible. At best the room was a $25 value, and I doubt it was worth that.

Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear tryin2findhome,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room accommodations, and water park were not in line with your expectations. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The room was clean, pool was great. Worst customer services both times I've stayed. Will hold $ on debit cards, and rude when help is needed. Management needs lesson in manners, would not recommend staying here to anybody. No apologies given or concern for costumer satisfaction.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank gzupfer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear gzupfer,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding room cleanlines and pool.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address these points and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stopped again for an overnight stay at our favorite hotel.Once again I can exclaime about the cleaniness of this great hotel.I only wished that we could have stayed a few days but duty calls at home.They still have that great breakfast ,one could not ask for more to eat in the morning .different kinds of coffee,cereals,fruit,scrambled eggs ,bacon and sometimes sausages ,those hot sweet buns,hot biscuits and more...just great . We just love it there .You are not missing anything when you stay at a Holiday Inn They also have swimming,exercice room ,sauna and Internet could one ask for more.If you hear anyone complain about this hotel something is wrong somewhere..Good travelling to all and do try this hotel.

Room Tip: I would think all the rooms are great ,we have always stayed on the same side I dont know if it is t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nannamv
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is a non descript building near the airport just outside the City of Watertown. The room was roomy and comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was a bit tasteless, more geared towards the business man or woman rushing to get out to a meeting. But I have to compliment the friendly and excellent service from the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I drove through Watertown on a short road trip from Minneapolis to Fargo (I took the long way purposely) and decided to spend the night.

The building is an odd shape, which makes it unique. Upon walking in, I was greeted with a smile, given my key, and was told each guest gets a shot at the plinko board that was sitting next to reception. I dropped the little flat disk thing in there, it bounced around and landed on "something salty". I was given a bag of popcorn, which I ate later that night as I watched a movie. Nice touch!

I was also very surprised that they had a small waterpark in the hotel. I didn't utilize this, but it looked neat and pretty clean.

The beds were standard, the room had no odors, the bathroom was as it should have been.

The hotel is a bit far from town, but it's in a convenient location next to a bar/restaurant/gas station/casino/gift shop/convenience store kind-of place.

It was nice and quiet, too, as are most places in South Dakota.

Thanks!