Holiday Inn Express Watertown
$90
QualityInn
$120
$116
Days Inn Watertown(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$76
$149
Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Restaurant
$77
$65
  • Pool
All reviewswater slidespool areathe breakfast areabig waterslidethe room was nicecall aheadgood newsbig attractiona great staysausagegreat breakfastin townwould stay here againcomfortable bedsfirst floorwaterparkhie
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very poor experience. Hotel took advantage of the bad weather and overcharged us. The room was very minimalist, no refrigerator, microwave, or much of anything really. The "water park" is a complete joke. There is a water slide, however, it isn't open. There is no actual pool. There is a small kiddie play area and there is a wading pool and an small splash down puddle at the bottom of the slide. The wading pool was ice cold and looked brown. The hot tub was extremely hot and worked. Otherwise, the so called "water park" was terrible. At best the room was a $25 value, and I doubt it was worth that.

Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear tryin2findhome,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room accommodations, and water park were not in line with your expectations. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The room was clean, pool was great. Worst customer services both times I've stayed. Will hold $ on debit cards, and rude when help is needed. Management needs lesson in manners, would not recommend staying here to anybody. No apologies given or concern for costumer satisfaction.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank gzupfer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear gzupfer,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding room cleanlines and pool.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address these points and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stopped again for an overnight stay at our favorite hotel.Once again I can exclaime about the cleaniness of this great hotel.I only wished that we could have stayed a few days but duty calls at home.They still have that great breakfast ,one could not ask for more to eat in the morning .different kinds of coffee,cereals,fruit,scrambled eggs ,bacon and sometimes sausages ,those hot sweet buns,hot biscuits and more...just great . We just love it there .You are not missing anything when you stay at a Holiday Inn They also have swimming,exercice room ,sauna and Internet could one ask for more.If you hear anyone complain about this hotel something is wrong somewhere..Good travelling to all and do try this hotel.

Room Tip: I would think all the rooms are great ,we have always stayed on the same side I dont know if it is the East side or not.however the suite had and extra room with a bath turbione,extra bed,extra tv .Just great for our needs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nannamv
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is a non descript building near the airport just outside the City of Watertown. The room was roomy and comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was a bit tasteless, more geared towards the business man or woman rushing to get out to a meeting. But I have to compliment the friendly and excellent service from the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I drove through Watertown on a short road trip from Minneapolis to Fargo (I took the long way purposely) and decided to spend the night.

The building is an odd shape, which makes it unique. Upon walking in, I was greeted with a smile, given my key, and was told each guest gets a shot at the plinko board that was sitting next to reception. I dropped the little flat disk thing in there, it bounced around and landed on "something salty". I was given a bag of popcorn, which I ate later that night as I watched a movie. Nice touch!

I was also very surprised that they had a small waterpark in the hotel. I didn't utilize this, but it looked neat and pretty clean.

The beds were standard, the room had no odors, the bathroom was as it should have been.

The hotel is a bit far from town, but it's in a convenient location next to a bar/restaurant/gas station/casino/gift shop/convenience store kind-of place.

It was nice and quiet, too, as are most places in South Dakota.

Thanks!