“Nice, clean hotel”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
edmond,ok
“Nice, clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Nice, quiet hotel. It seems like a better place for the older adults than a young family with kids. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The beds were ok, I felt like I sank a little in the middle of the bed and I am not a heavy person. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank oceangirl42
JWARNE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for stating our hotel was clean. The staff does work very hard to maintain & they will appreciate a positive reply.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Watertown, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in town celebrating our 25th Anniversary...we have always been very pleased with this chain. The room was ok...non-smoking, but I am guessing at one time it was a smoking room. You just can never get that smell out. We opened the window and it was tolerable. The breakfast was the most disappointing. For being on the weekend, I was expecting a little more. We have always had some sort of eggs or meat staying at County Inn, but there was not a single one scrambled or boiled. Only had instant oatmeal....not very many choices of bread....the fresh fruit did not look very tasty considering the oranges were the color of lemons and not a single banana. I had to go for the yogurt with frozen fruit. Since I'm not into eating bread/carbs, I guess I like to have a bit of protein in the morning, so that made it disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JWARNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I only wish I knew what so so meant. It is our goal to please & if for any reason someone is unhappy, I would be so happy to fix the concerns they have. So sorry for any inconvenience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My Father just passed away and His last trip home was the sadest thing I have ever been thru. We were on our way back home and physically and mentally exhausted. We seen this motel and pulled in. Jim was most kind and soon we were in a beautiful and wonderful room!! And sleeping! The beds were so comfortable and when we checked the Gals at the front dest were so nice! A wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank pkl06
JWARNE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We all are so pleased you found a place of rest. Very sorry to hear of your fathers passing away. Our prayers will be with you.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Very warm welcome by front desk clerk. She even called our room to make sure everything was good. The smell of freshly baked cookies made us feel like we were at home.....they were on the check-in counter along with coffee! They also had a welcome reception with beer and wine! Clean and comfortable rooms. Nice breakfast with a lot of variety. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Teresa F
JWARNE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your support for our hotel & staff.
I will certainly share with the entire staff.
It is always nice when someone makes our day & you did. We look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was definitely a good value. It was clean, nicely furnished, and very good service.
Two problems with this stay. First the fresh fruit. It was old and blighted and should have been thrown out. Second, the bed coverings. Fitted sheet, top sheet, and then comforter. There should of been an intermediate blanket, like other hotels I stay at, I woke up hot several times.

• Stayed April 2013
JWARNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your experience with our internet. Please except my personal apologies.
Knife River, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We needed to get out of a terrific spring snowstorm and found a perfect refuge at the Country Inn and Suites. Reasonable price, welcoming staff, and one of the cleanest rooms we've had in a long time. The desk staff called soon after we arrived to make sure everything was in order. This is a great place to hunker down for the night on your way to the Black Hills.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you were safe & enjoyed your stay. I will share this review with the entire staff. You made our day as well.

Thank you for all your kind words.
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a very good motel but I could not get an internet connection. I have found this same problem at other Country Inn & Suites which is why I don't frequent them more often. Otherwise the motels are great: the rooms are great, the beds are great, the locations are great, the bathrooms are great...but i need an internet connection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eugene D
JWARNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are so very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I do need to apologize for the experience you encountered with the Internet, please except my apologies. I will look into this issue. Thank you again for the great positive feed back.