“Nice Place”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Nice Place”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here in July 2012, and it was a nice, clean property. It seemed to be well-maintained. Breakfast was nice; however, the food was refilled a little slowly. Good selection and very clean. It was very quiet all nice, even with a full hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
JWARNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
It was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for the nice comments, great people make our day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for two nights this past week. The lobby, guest room, and bathroom were all clean. Super location. Nice sitting area outside the front lobby. Enjoyed the complimentary beer/wine and chips and salsa. Based just on those things it is great place to stay. Breakfast however was another story. Potatoes were cold and rubbery. Eggs were awful. No 2% milk the second morning and the jug of skim that was on the counter curdled in my coffee. The waffles the first day were good - second morning tasted a bit "off". To top it off I took the time to complete the online survey when I returned home - mentioning all of the above- and got an (auto)reply from Jeri saying they were "thrilled we enjoyed our stay". Obviously no one is reading the surveys - or they just don't care? As a rule we love the Country Inn and Suites so this experience leaves us wondering.

Room Tip: You might want to get a room a little ways down the hall from the elevator - it was quite noisy - so...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast. I truly do hope you return. It is our goal to please all of our guests. Thank you for sharing your concerns.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My work colleagues and I recently stayed here for a work trip, and it was home away from home! The staff is friendly, and the general manager, Jeri, was great to work with in coordinating our room block. I wish we could have stayed longer! The rooms were extremely clean and a double queen standard room had plenty of space. Thank you so much for a welcoming stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in Watetown. Please visit again soon.
Take care and travel safe.
Starbuck, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great place to stay! Spent 3 nights there while working out of town and rooms were very clean and staff was very friendly. Great breakfast in the morning. Going to bring my family there soon for a family vacation in the sponge bob room!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I apologize , I did not get back to you sooner. Thank you for the nice comments & we certainly do hope you return.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here Sept 2011 on our way to Minnesota, just made reservations to stay again. Got a great online deal by booking early, too. Clean hotel, friendly staff, good breakfast. Just don't ask the older lady at the front desk for a "nice" restaurant, she'll tell you they have a VERY nice Denny's. :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always great to hear from our guests.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've been staying at this location for about 12 years. Jeri continues to improve the appearance and comfort. The staff is always friends and welcoming. It might be a year between my stays yet I am recognized each and every time. When you travel like I do.....its nice to feel like you're HOME.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Your comment was awesome to receive. Thank you. It certainly made our day.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

The room I stayed in was a suite, with a Bedroom separated from the living/kitchen by a wall and a door. Most suites I've been in we're basically all one room. This hotel is very convenient to everything, and the rooms are very clean and well maintained. Breakfast is more than a Continental type, and slightly less than a full service restaurant. I would recommend this hotel for your trip to Watertown, SD.

Stayed June 2011
JWARNE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Watertown, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for the very nice comments. It is always fun to receive great comments & I will certainly share this with my staff.

Jeri Warne