“Good beer, good food”

Dempsey's Brewey Pub & Restuarant
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Dempsey's Brewery Restaurant & Pub. Founded as the Highland Laddie in 1999, We are currently one of the three original breweries in South Dakota, with Firehouse in Rapid City, Sioux Falls Brewing Company in Sioux Falls (now closed) and Us, in Watertown South Dakota. Besides are excellent offerings of European brews, we also house a stellar kitchen, where we stress cooking everything to order, and preparing as much as we can from Scratch. As of the year, about 85 % of our menu items are all made from scratch. All our Steaks are hand-cut, All bread is made in house, and even our bacon is cured, cut, and smoked in house. Along with a full-service bar, we truly offer a unique dinner experiance, a wide array of alcohol, microbrews, and good times.
SF Bay Area
“Good beer, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've eaten here several times - always at lunch, so I can't comment on the evening service - and the food is better than the average brewpub. I've had the best black beans I've ever had here, and everything else has been very good. It's mostly pub food, a few salads, but it's been consistently good.

• Visited October 2012

Lead, South Dakota
“Terrible beer, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have tasted brewpub beer all over the West, and done a little brewing myself, and I can say this is the WORST brewpub beer I have tasted. We had the sampler and all 6 of the brews tasted watery and had nasty aftertastes, ranging from yeasty to vinegary to the stout whch tasted like the wort was burnt. I love beer and am not a brewing expert, but when a beer is so bad I can't finish it....
We tried the pierogis and the irish boxty, a potato pancake-type of thing. They were pretty good. The service was good also.

• Visited October 2012
FOLEY
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The first time I ate here I had pasta. It was good, but nothing extra special. Next time, friends told me I had to try the pizza. It is definitely the best pizza in Watertown. The crust is very tasty, has a nice chewiness and flavor. Atmosphere is great as well.

Visited June 2012
“Average Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We ate Dempsey's at about 4PM. Service was OK. We ordered the chicken Alfredo pasta and a turkey melt sandwich. Both were just average. Also had a glass of the brew pub's light (blonde) beer but it wasn't to my liking-felt like it tasted sour and a bit stale(but this might just have been their recipe and maybe other selections may have been better). We would go back and try other menu items again. Food prices were competitive.

Visited September 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
“I like the atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Dempsey's is one of my favorite places around town to go. Everyone is fairly nice and willing to help. They have the old "Irish Pub" look which is part of the reason why I keep going back. The food there is pretty good. Try the frickles if you like deep fried pickles they are awesome.

Visited February 2012