“Wedding party”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Pierre, United States
“Wedding party”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Although the Inn is beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful, I was disappointed in the rate of the rooms and the reaction of the general manager towards us when we asked about the discounts promised.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Brenda I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lakewood, CO
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Excellent all the way around. 24-hour coffee, hot chocolate and tea service is excellent. The lobby/lounge area is conducive for those in groups to congregate. Breakfasts are excellent and staff is extraordinarily helpful and friendly. This hotel is easy to find near I-29 with restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Corvallis, OR, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Watertown is the best place to stay. Big fluffy pillows, clean beds, and lots of electrical outlets for charging devices. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the breakfast a nice plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

San Diego, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Did not provide the type of room I had reserved. I was informed that corporate had made other arrangements without informing the local staff. This is totally unsatisfactory since I had made the reservation approximately six months ago.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

SD
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night in August 2013. The room was as expected with a fridge, microwave, small kitchen sink, comfortable bed, enough towels and toiletries, and a nice shower. We had a King Studio which has extra room and is very nice. Breakfast was okay, but since we stay in a lot of Hampton Inns, it seems this is the normal now and the quality of food has went down in all Hampton Inns. Over all, this is a good place to stay with a pool,fitness center, small business center, meeting room, and elevator. We will likely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Close to Applebees, Buffalo Wild Wings, Jimmy Johns and others! (ther is also a liquor store in walking distance). Also very close to Walmart in case you forget anything. ;-) Staff is friendly and very efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel. Also close to the Redlin Art Center (Terry Redlin) so that is another plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I always do my home work before booking a hotel these days, as usual, with Tripadvisor. ;-) And this 2 day trip to visit family in South Dakota was no exception. I hadn't been to see them at their home for over 18 years so the town had grown. Lucky thing for me because this hotel choice was a good one.

As mentioned by others, this hotel was perfect in every way. Staff was friendly, hotel was almost new and rooms were very nice. Décor was lovely (I know, leave it to a woman to say that) Even though they put us on the forth floor by the elevator there was little to no noise from them. Beds were comfortable. WIFI usability. Nice breakfast in the morning. Pool, which we did not use.

The only thing I wasn't to crazy about was that the hotel was located directly in front of a Wal-Mart. Now some people might like that, but I somehow didn't care to see it each time we pulled out of the parking lot. For such a nice hotel I think it gave it a "tacky" feel.

There was a Buffalo Hot Wings restaurant (Our room looked out directly at it but it wasn't a problem for us) and a Applebee's next door, which we ate at. Other places to eat near by or a short drive down 212, the main thoroughfare, for more choices. Perkins to the west and IHOP across the street by the Interstate.

The Hotel is right off I-29, next door to Terry Redlin's Art Center (you can't miss it), which was a MUST see for me. Beautiful building filled with many of his original paintings and a large natural area with walk surrounding this 10 million dollar gift to the State of South Dakota. And the best part is that the admission is FREE. So if you have the time it is a must see. I'm glad I did. :-)

All things said and done, I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat. Probably will sometime in the future when we return to see family again.

Room Tip: TIP: If you belong to AARP, don't forget to use your membership for a nice discount.