“Perfect as always”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've said it before but wanted to express again how much I love this hotel! I refuse to stay anywhere else when I come to Watertown. My room is always very clean, the staff are so friendly & they offer an excellent breakfast. Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014
gmsd016, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

You are so welcome and glad your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words. Next time you stay with us, introduce yourself. I am so curious who is SDgirl1989. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our family got stranded in South Dakota, although only 90 minutes from home didn't think we out push travel with the weather. Room was large and clean, pool area was also clean. As with many Choice hotels, hot breakfast was available in the morning but this was the 6th morning of "choice" breakfasts. Front desk was helpful, computers with internet access were easily accessible.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
gmsd016, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Stranded with the weather in SD? Imagine that huh? Glad we could provide you with a clean place to stay and thank you for the compliments. I will share this with staff.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We booked a 1-night stay here and were quite pleased with the service and cleanliness of the room for the price. We made the reservation over the phone with the front-desk directly and when we mentioned that our travel was due to a funeral, they offered a 'bereavement rate' that was $22 less than the sticker rate. This was such a nice gesture and very much appreciated. Erik at the front desk was so pleasant and friendly when we arrived and made us feel very welcome.

If you're looking for a quiet and nice place to stay without all the extra frills, stay here. Our room was very clean (looks like it's been refurbished lately) and conveniently situated with a comfy bed, new flat screen TV, new carpet, etc. If we come back through this area, we will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
gmsd016, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Really great to hear your stay was good and we certainly appreciate your review. We do offer a bereavement rate to anyone coming for a funeral. So glad we could help in that way.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel. Recently I was traveling to visit my family for the holidays when the road conditions became too poor to continue. Luckily I was in Watertown and I knew exactly where to stay.

I've worked in several hotels and always nitpick everything from the mattress to underneath the microwave. This hotel far exceeds Quality Inn and Choice Hotel standards. Everything is always spotless and comfortable. Customer service here is exceptional. Pool is nice and warm and the breakfast is above average. I really liked the express checkout and presentation of the receipt. Yes, this hotel cares enough to add a personal touch to their receipts.

Clearly the management and team in place are on the ball. I would hope they are able to update the decor in the lobby and hallways soon. Not that it's hideous, just a tad out of date compared to the rest of the hotel. Normally I hate seeing religious items in places of business, but it was Christmas time in Christian County so I'm not letting all the inappropriate Jesus mumbo jumbo affect my review.

One other suggestion would be to improve the presence at the front desk. I understand that the agents may work on laundry and cleaning during down times but I had the ring the bell twice to get assistance. I hate ringing bells because it gives me a feeling of being rude. At least have a sensor or camera so the agent knows when somebody is starting ding at the desk.

I certainly hope I will be able to stay again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
gmsd016, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I have shared your great compliments with my staff and we do really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Watertown SD. Thanks so much for your business and come stay again when your in our city of Watertown.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I recently stayed there the week of Christmas. Had the bridal suite with hot tub. Room was very nice and clean, bed was comfortable. The staff, especially the manager and daytime desk clerk Tracy. They were very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Great to get your reviews from Colorado. Thanks for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

GREAT room and amenities for the price...although right beside the interstate...it was surprisingly quiet. Wonderful hot tub and pool....they kept it very clean.....the rooms were very clean as well, and immediately accommodated us when we needed more fresh towels and washcloths. I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
gmsd016, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thanks Carla for the great compliments on our property. I will share your words with staff.
Hope to see you another time if you're in Watertown, SD.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Spent the night on our migration South for the winter. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They were very accommodating to gives us a main floor room with an outside entrance for our dog. There was even a plug in for our truck which we used since it was a bitterly cold night. The breakfast was above par. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Glad to here from Winnipeg. Lucky you get to go South to nicer weather. Thanks for staying with us and maybe you can stop next spring on your venture back.