Days Inn Watertown
Travel Inn(Watertown)
$60
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel(Watertown)(Great Value!)
$79
All reviewsfilling breakfastclean with comfortable bedslarge lobbyhot tublittle thingswould stay here againshopping and restaurantslate at nightredlin art centerplenty of parkingenjoyed my stayterry redlingood nights sleepnice hotelnice breakfastthe room was nicegreat place to stay
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My two sisters and I meet in Watertown twice a year. We always have a very comfortable stay! Love the new comfortable beds and the new shower head!. The rooms are always nice and clean.too.
Thanks for making our stay there so nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent one night here while travelling through SD. Booked this room ahead of time (on line) and check-in and check-out were handled quickly and with ease. Rooms are very clean, spacious and stayed in a non-smoking room that smelled fresh and clean. Nice pool and whirl pool. Great location just off the interstate and felt it was very quiet and without road noise! There are also several places that are conveniently close to get a good meal. Front staff are helpful and happy. The price was very reasonable. Continental breakfast was fresh with good food choices. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 225 quiet east facing room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last night on our way back from the Bike Rally in Sturgis, SD. The property is well kept, has a nice pool & whirlpool and both of the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. They serve a nice simple breakfast in the morning in their open and airy front lounge area. We had a drink in the bar and the bartender was also very friendly. Plenty of parking right next to the hotel. The price was reasonable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front desk. You will be closer to the pool and the breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
KristiMilbrandt, General Manager at Days Inn Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience at our property and enjoyed our friendly staff at the front desk and in the pub. We look forward to seeing you for next years Rally.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Made advanced reservations here simply for an overnight stopping point on our vacation route. Based on other reviews, we thought this would suffice. Requested a non-smoking room and what we got was a smoke-smelling room without ashtrays. It was late & we hadn't had anything to eat yet, so I threw open the window with the intention of airing out the room while we were gone and if it still smelled like a pool hall when we returned we were going to move. Well, after an hour or so, when we got back to the room, the air was tolerable...so, we stuck with it. In the end I should have moved us. The smell reeked by morning. When we checked out, we mentioned that when a guest requests a non-smoking room that is what they should get....management person in her early 20's replied thanks for letting them know the room had been smoked in previously. What the heck?!? No apologies & no discount....well now, let's see how Days Inn management likes the low review here!!! The room was ok otherwise, I guess...a little on the shoddy side probably coincidal with the property age. The parking lot is weirdly laid out and confusing at night...especially if you are towing a motorcycle trailer like we were. Do yourself a favor and pick another place to stay. I used to like Days Inn because of value...now will avoid them if there are alternatives and you should too. The way I see it...Days Inn owes us for the crappy stay and laundry to get the smell out of our belongings.

Room Tip: Unless you are a chain smoker....pick someplace else to stay. Our belongings reeked from the stench and had to be washed when we got to our final destination...you shouldn't have to tolerate such conditions when requesting a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank zofoman
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Let me first state the pro's of this property.... it has a decent pool/whirlpool area, an okay breakfast, check in was fast and the lobby looks clean for the most part.

The con's... it's appearance from the outside is not welcoming and the front door is not clearly marked. We booked through hotels.com and were told we would have a king bed, non-smoking... we ended up with a queen bed and a smoking room. IT STUNK-- we opened the windows and tried to air it out but it was in every pour of every surface. I called down to see if we could switch rooms. The front desk person informed me that since I booked through hotels.com, I was given whatever room no one else wanted and she didn't have a room she could switch me for, "sorry." Well this does their business and hotels.com no favors. I will never stay here again and will definately think twice before booking through hotels.com. We couldn't sleep due to the overpowering smell, so we got up and left at 6 a.m. - it was the worst hotel stay either of us have ever had. I would have expressed this to the front desk, but they didn't care enough to ask when we left:( As an avid traveler, I find that to be poor service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple