“This was the best thing about Wall.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Plains Motel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Arizona
“This was the best thing about Wall.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

Great location, easy walk to Wall Drug, also near the Wounded Knee museum. Nice pool/spa and fitness room. Continental breakfast was better than BWs we've been in. Good doughnuts when we were there. Suggest reservations this place was full and was turning folks away. Room was clean and had a nice recliner in front of the TV which my husband loved. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

We were very pleased with this motel. The town of Wall is basicly the Wall Drug Store.
The Plains is centrally located, clean. The rooms are nice sized, the beds very comfortable and I loved the 5 pillows. The included breakfast is OK. There were hard boiled eggs, pastries, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, some fruit, coffee, tea,cereal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

This motel is well located for visiting the Badlands. The facility was very well maintained, and our room had nicely been updated. The room was not large, but I don't expect large rooms in cold climates. The room was clean and quiet with a comfortable bed. Our King was a good choice, because we got a comfortable recliner instead of a second bed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJandTR
SOUTH DAKOTA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

Very accomodating service and room was very neat and clean. Swim area was very nice and accomodating for my needs. Excellent stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
iowa city, iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

we've been travelling through Wall a lot, but never stayed a night there. and this time we could not make it to Rapid City. usually staying in BestWestern, we found it there. that motel is clean and very nice. everything we asked for, we got: ground floor and quite room, hot breakfast. personnel is friendly and really helpfull, especially lady in the breakfast room. that was such a great stay!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Billings
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

We traveled through Wall and stayed with the Best Western Plains, and it was outstanding! The front desk was courtious and pleasant, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was great, and the indoor pool was heavenly! I don't know what some of these other people are talking about. Our stay was great!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed here as part of a cross-country vacation, and it was a poor experience that made me glad we weren't there long. The hotel itself was OK (clean, basic rooms, OK breakfast, and an arcade with some old videogames) but there was one big drawback about the hotel itself - if you were on the second floor (as we were), you had to carry your luggage up the stairs. Not good. If there was some accommodation or elevator that woudl've helped us avoid this, none of the staff we encountered seemed to know about it. Moreover, when we checked in, the staff quite abruptly told me I didn't have a reservation, then - wait, you do, or rather you did, but you cancelled it. I said I hadn't and showed her the confirmation and reservation I'd printed out (we had booked literally a dozen or so hotels for this trip, which we'd planned for years and years - I brought documentation of each reservation just in case......this was the only place I needed it). They said 'that's from when you booked it, but you should have another from when you cancelled it.' I again said I hadn't cancelled, and they gave me the stink-eye. I asked how and on what date the cancellation had been made, and the front desk staff became almost combative - they couldn't say when it had been cancelled, and 'guessed' that if I made the reservation online, I had cancelled it the same way. After all this, I said fine, obviously you don't have the reservation, but do you have any open rooms for the same price? They said they had plenty, and gave me one for the same price I had booked one - so why give me such a hard time and be so rude when you can just give me another room and there is no actual problem? An uncharacteristically bad experience at a Best Western (we stayed at two others in the chain on this same trip, and they were fine).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
pjhshaw, manager at BEST WESTERN Plains Motel, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
We are sorry you did not recieve the service that you deserve as our customer. We will use your comments wisely and try to improve on customer service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
MainStay Suites Rapid City
#11 of 11 in Wall
Motel 6 Wall
Motel 6 Wall
#10 of 11 in Wall

Been to BEST WESTERN Plains Motel? Share your experiences!