“Spend some time here”

Wounded Knee: The Museum
Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Wall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wounded Knee Museum will be open August 22,2017. Open Tuesday thru Sunday, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM MST , Closed Mondays
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I believe the location is too far away from the Wounded Knee Cemetary, but understandable. They will reach more people at this location, as it is right off the highway. There is a fee for entrance. Small gift shop. Very informative. Probably not for young children.

1  Thank leetl319

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The building is very unassuming and looks very small but it is packed full of information and wonderful displays. Because we weren't going to be far enough south to go to the Wounded Knee Memorial, I was excited to see this place.

I was in the middle of reading "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" and this just added to the experience.

If you don't know the west's history from the Indian perspective, you need to visit this place.

1  Thank Singingdove
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Don't let the cheesy exterior fool you. This was a professionally produced, well put together display. This is a serious experience--not to be taken lightly. It gives much food for thought and should be a leisurely trip back in time, and should not be rushed in order to receive the full impact. The gift shop was well stocked with relevant books and also souvenirs. My only complaint was the short video presentation was shown on a screen covered in eagle feathers, making the pictures "break up" and the sound was turned so low I couldn't hear it because I am hard of hearing. I would definitely recommend this, especially for families with children old enough to understand the implications.

2  Thank Eowyn1110
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had misgivings when we saw the simple building but a couple emerging from the museum assured us the visit was worth the time and money. The story of the Wounded Knee massacre is told in concise and comprehensive detail with a film and exhibits. My teen children were familiar with the story but still spent much time reading the displays. I had little knowledge of the history and am grateful I took the time to visit. The hostess was courteous and friendly. Skip Wall Drug and spend your time and money here!

3  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Entrance is $6 but $1-$2 coupons easy to find. Definitely worth the stop. A very moving history presentation.

2  Thank MarylandTraveler104

Been to Wounded Knee: The Museum? Share your experiences!