“Great value--the best deal in Wall”
Review of Sunshine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wall
Sunshine Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Wall
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We are seniors travelling on a budget. We selected the Sunshine Inn for our overnight stay in Wall on the basis of the advertised price but also on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews. We were not wrong. The Sunshine Inn is conveniently located at the end of Wall main street, with easy access and adequate parking. It is privately owned and John, the owner, runs the place personally. Upon our arrival he greeted us warmly and checked us in without delay. The room was not large, but was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast consisted of coffee and sweet rolls, which was quite acceptable to us.
This is definately the best deal in Wall---why pay more?

There are newer reviews for Sunshine Inn

Reviewed October 1, 2010

My best friend and I stayed here while we toured parts of South Dakota. What a great place and and even better price tag. The man who owns the Inn and the woman who works the front desk went out of their way to fix our tv when it wouldn't work. I was very pleased with my stay at the Sunshine Inn!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2010

While this is an older property, it is well maintained. The owner takes great pride in his Inn.
He called us by name, even tho he had never met us.
Would stay here again!

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Me, my husband and sister-in-law stayed overnight at the Sunshine Inn because we were going to visit Badlands NP. We arrived Saturday from Rapid City airport in the mid afternoon. I had reserved a room on the bottom floor with a double bed and a queen bed. I can't remember the last time I paid 59.00 for a room...I chose this place because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor. The room was what you would consider outdated in appearance but in very good condition and did not appear worn looking. The bathroom was very clean as was the room. We only needed a place to sleep overnight and I did not want to pay a fortune for just a short time in a motel room. Sunshine Inn fit the bill for my budget. The location was great...right there in downtown...a block and a half or so from the famous Wall Drug...and for you traveling Catholics out there, a church about a stones throw away from the motel to attend mass. We did not try any coffee or breakfast items at the lobby as we went to Wall Drug Cafe for breakfast so cannot comment on that. But overall the stay was great and if in the area again I would stay here at the Sunshine Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2010

John, the owner of Sunshine Inn, is a wonderful proprietor. We had a great stay at his cozy motor inn. Our stay was for 2 nights as we explored the Badlands area. The room is old but clean and comfortable, with a nice bed and free wifi. We found the location to be excellent and the hotel to be a great alternative to the typical chain options. I'd stay again.

1  Thank primerstar6
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I kind of felt like I had taken a step back in time at this hotel! I enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and took good care of us, helping us to plan our next day's trip. My teenager daughter enjoyed being right next to Wall Drug Store, even if she was a bit wary of the basic room with the window air-conditioner. There are no amenities to speak of, but you can ask for items at the front desk (we didn't, so I can't comment on how that goes). And what a bargain! The price we paid was a step back in time, also. Again, I enjoyed it and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I don't know why this place has such good reviews- slim pickins in central SD perhaps? Rooms tiny, basic. Found dead and live beetle on floor. Mini donuts for breakfast. All said, it was not that great.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank slowdiva
friendlysdinnkeeper, Owner at Sunshine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2010

I regret that the Sunshine Inn did not conform to this customer's standards. Our continental breakfast includes coffee, orange juice and a variety of rolls and donuts (including, but not exclusively, mini-donuts). A routine, thorough inspection of our rooms on a daily basis includes removing any outdoor beetles common to the prairie during the summer months. We regularly apply insecticide to the outer perimeters of the building, including door frames, jambs, and window and air conditioner frames. I would have been happy to respond to this customer's complaint about seeing two of them in her room by simply moving her into another room in which I would have ascertained that there were no beetles. Our rooms seem adequate both in size and furnishings to the many customers we serve here--including the vast majority of those who post on tripadvisor.com--and correlate to the value pricing that has made us such a popular haven for those who want clean, comfortable rooms for much less money than charged by higher priced, franchised lodging establishments in the area. Signed, John (owner, Sunshine Inn)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wall
Best Western Plains Motel
Econo Lodge Wall
Econo Lodge Wall
#8 of 11 in Wall
Badlands Interior Motel and Campground

Been to Sunshine Inn? Share your experiences!