“SO much of so many different things to see!”
Review of Wall Drug

Wall Drug
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Wall
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1931, this family business is known for its friendly service and for offering free drinking water to travelers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Wall Drug in Wall South Dakota was a fun stop! Wow! It's like a HUGE crazy mall/ mini-carnival/ fun center sort of. There are a TON of different stores with clothes, food, souvenirs, decorations, pretty much anything and everything you can possibly think of! There's a ton of cool and weird things to see as well. Another place for cool photos! There are really so many things there I can't begin to start to tell about them. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to look around. I would say if you really want to see everything make this a 2-3+ hour stop? Really, there is SO much stuff to see! There are alot of different restaurants so you can stop for lunch after you've walked through the shops. Parking is kinda nuts! People and cars everywhere! Be careful! We just drove around until someone left and got a spot pretty quickly. I don't know if that was just luck or not? We went to Wall Drug around June 25th and it was 104 degrees! So be aware it's hot in the summer. There is however, plenty of places with shade, a mini water fountain park (for kids, & big kids like me!). Of course there is always FREE ICE WATER too! Bottom line is for sure there is something for everyone at Wall Drug. You won't regret stopping there! Adults, teens, and kids will love it!

1  Thank EquestrianChick_1983
Write a ReviewReviews (3,077)

Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stopped because we needed a break from the long drive. Good place to pick up cheap souvenirs, but that's about it. The place is huge and we still had a hard time finding a place for a burger and a beer. I'd stop again if I had my kids with, just for a break from the driving.

1  Thank Wendie C
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Typical Tourist Trap, High Prices and Poor Quality Merchandise. The food was way over priced. Very small portions and the quality was school cafeteria. The merchandise was made in china dollar store quality. Young kids will enjoy - but parents will hate wasting the money on the junk.

2  Thank adventurephoto
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We went to Wall Drug only because we were headed to the Badlands National Park. (and to say that I'd seen it). This is seriously a huge tourist trap! If you need something from a drug store or need to stop for lunch, this is the place to go. I picked up batteries, my daughter went to the book store and bought a novel. My 5 year old enjoyed the "backyard" activities - indian teepee, wagon, rabbit, piano playing stuffed large monkey and the large t-rex in the back. We went at the end of May before the tourist season really starts and this was already one of the most crowded places we went. I can't imagine how crowded it would be during the warmer months! We didn't eat there (packed a picnic lunch for the day) so I can't comment on any of the food. If you just love shopping--don't miss it! otherwise... stay in the car and move on to the Badlands.

1  Thank hmusic
Reviewed May 31, 2008

We arrived at 6:30 pm and oddly enough the restaurant closes at 7:00. That seemed early for Memorial Day weekend. Thankfully we made it in time to order some dinner and some of their famous homemade doughnuts (those didn't disappoint! YUMMY!) We saw many other tourist try to get in the diner to order dinner but they were quickly turned away. It's so strange that they would shut down the diner so early when there are obviously enough travellers that want to eat there.

The buffalo burger and chicken sandwich we ordered were good, but way overpriced. Expect to pay a pretty penny for their dinner.

Husband liked the 5 cent coffee that you help yourself to.

Gift shops were your run of the mill gift shops, but set in a historical building. Wood floors that creak when you step on them, wood walls...all that was pretty cool.

The backyard part was closed when we got there, so we can't comment on that. Unfortunately that was one of the things we were most looking forward to doing with our kids there.

2  Thank gogogadgetmom