“Cold Beer, Limited Menu”

Badlands Saloon and Grille
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We provide a wide variety of drinks, food options, including the famous Buffalo Burger, prime rib, & steaks. We also have many live events with free pool, darts, and video lottery.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went here twice, and it does have cold beer. We had Pizza and hamburgers, and they were OK. The service was OK as well, but they seem to have trouble finding reliable help (like most businesses in Wall), and the staff that served us seemed new and inexperienced, but they tried hard and it was certainly acceptable.

Options for food and drink later in the evening are limited, and I won't set foot in the other option in Wall (Cactus Cafe) which is worse than terrible in both food and service.

1  Thank JLE-Travels-a-lot
abvijoe, Manager at Badlands Saloon and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Valued Customer

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have been working hard trying to fill positions at our restaurant. I have been doing alot of training and appreciate your patience with my new employees. We hope to see you again soon.

Travel Safe.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped here for lunch while we were driving through South Dakota, as part of our trip driving across the country last summer. We walked through Wall Drug, then decided to get food here. It wasn't the best choice. The staff were pretty disinterested, and even though my wife and I were 2 of only 5 customers in the whole place, it took us forever to flag someone down to put in our order. I ordered a buffalo burger, and my wife got a regular cheeseburger. Both burgers tasted the same, and that taste wasn't good. Patties were dry as a bone and as thick as a playing card. Not a deck of cards, but a single card. For the price, we would have been better off getting fast food burgers somewhere... I bet they also would've been higher quality, as well... which is saying something, and it's not saying something good.

1  Thank djstatick

Dear Valued Customer

We are so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at our restaurant. I will defiantly bring this up to my staff as I really strive on great customer service and it seems as though my staff needs more training. I sure hope you think about visiting us again on your next trip to Wall.

Safe Travels

Reviewed June 7, 2014

So we found Wall! And the Badlands Bar looked like a perfect stop for us for lunch. We walked in and were the only people there....but it was early. And the people were so nice. So we stayed. A beer and a burger later, it was just perfect. Nothing overly special about the food, but the staff made up for it. A cute bar with bar food. Reasonable! I would come back.....

2  Thank Lisa S
abvijoe, Manager at Badlands Saloon and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I am so very happy to hear you were happy with your experience with us. We are really trying hard to train our staff to welcome everyone with open arms as we are new owners that just took over a couple of months ago. I sure hope you stop by again on your next trip through Wall.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stopped in Wall for lunch on our way to Mt. Rushmore. The service was great and the food was good. Great place to chat with the locals especially if you sit at the bar. The food was filling, beer and drinks cold at a great price. Menu limited but still plenty of choices. Nice place to take a break.

1  Thank Anne T
abvijoe, Manager at Badlands Saloon and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so happy to hear about your experience with us at our restaurant. We really are working hard with our Customer Service and quality of food that comes from the kitchen and looks like we are doing a good job. I sure hope you stop by again and see us soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

They were out of root beer & Dr. Pepper and only had diet Pepsi & regular Pepsi. I ordered the buffalo burger as did my husband. The burgers tasted like something that is served in an elementary school cafeteria. My kids ordered pizzas which they said were good. We were the only patrons in the bar but our drinks went unfilled. The guy on the grill spent his time watching golf and playing video games. I'd avoid this place.

1  Thank RamponaO

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your experience you incurred when you stopped at this restaurant. I wanted to let you know that we now have new owners as of April 22, 2014. Please stop by and see us on your next trip through Wall I know you won't be disappointed.