“It was OK”

Cactus Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Wall
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We would like to announce that we are under new management for the 2014 season!!! The friendly folks at the Cactus Cafe are waiting to serve you Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Our menus offer a large selection of meals: Steaks, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, Specialty Sandwiches and much, much more.We are one of Wall's finest family restaurants. Famous for homemade pancakes, lunch specials, salad bar, pies, broiled steaks (we age and cut all our meat using only USDA Certified Angus Beef), Mexican specialties, Homemade pizza. We feature a lunch and dinner buffet June through September that includes soup, fruit and salad bar with all you can eat homemade salads and soup. We also have a KId's menu. Kids dinners are served with small soft drink or milk. Parties and banquet facilities available.Enjoy a cocktail in our full service lounge. Try your luck on our Slot, Poker and Keno Video Lottery machines.Our service will be quick, courteous and always with a smile. Large groups always welcome.
Flower Mound, Texas
“It was OK”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We arrived in Wall quite late in the evening and this place looked decent with a reasonable menu.
Turned out OK . Food came pretty fast for those who didn't take the buffet . service was prompt and helpful.

Joplin, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't even bother”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We hoped that, since it was right across the street from Wall Drug, this would be a good place to eat. This was by far the worst restaurant that I have ever visited. Incredibly bad service. Two in our party had the buffet - they were completely finished with their meal before the rest of us received our salads! Never could get a refill on our drinks. The waitstaff was untrained and unprofessional. The buffalo burger was terrible. Don't bother stopping here!

1 Thank Gail B
Ankeny, Iowa
“What a Joke!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had a group of 7. My sister ordered the Chimichanga - was told they were out. Makes you wonder if they came out of a box. She ordered something else then. I ordered the Prairie Fire Burger (jalapenos, pepperjack cheese, bacon, chipotle sauce) and a side salad w/ Creamy Italian dressing. First the salad came out with regular Italian dressing. I asked the waitress if this was Creamy Italian dressing; she said yes. Not sure what was going on there, but it was 100% regular Italian. Moving along. Burger came out without the jalapenos. I told the waitress. She checked in the kitchen, came back and said, "Sorry, we're out of jalapenos", and then walked away. I should've been asked if I wanted something else (either after placing my order, or after receiving it incomplete). Nope. So I ate it without the jalapenos (I gotta eat). After the meal, I politely asked for the manager. Took a few minutes to hunt him down. I told him that I ordered that burger because I wanted something different, and the jalapenos were sort of a key ingredient. He told me that he walked into the kitchen and found cans of jalapenos that he gave to the kitchen staff. Awesome. I asked him if he could take something off of my bill since I didn't get what I wanted. WooHoo - he dropped 75 cents!!! Really??? Bottom line - both the kitchen staff and servers are inept. I guess they figure since it's across the street from a tourist trap (Wall Drug) they can be mediocre since people will eat there not knowing what it's like. And by the way, the buffet was some sorry looking pizza, spaghetti, and some other things. Oh yeah, and we never got our waters refilled at the table. I really hate to give a review on just one experience, but I would highly recommend you find someplace else!

2 Thank Brian M
Oakland, California
“Good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This place doesn't have much atmosphere but it has good food. I had a filet mignon that was delicious, tender and cooked to perfection. It was $20 which I thought was a very reasonable price. My husband had a ribeye for the same price which he said was equally good.

Visited July 2014
Mapleton, Iowa
“Enjoyable atmosphere and great food.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Nice place with plenty of seating. We ordered off the menu, but they also have a pizza and pasta buffet. The food came quickly and was very tasty. Our waiter was very pleasant and attentive. This is the only place I have ever been that the waiter stayed and asked if my husbands steak was cooked to his liking. Thanks for the great meal!

Visited July 2014